Happy Easter!

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
April 21st, 2022 at 10:17:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Yes, but if Jesus died at 3 PM on Friday (after 6 hours on the cross) and was resurrected before dawn on Sunday, that is still only about 40 hours. The 3PM death is significant since that is the hour the lambs were ritually slaughtered and the three days is equally important because in the Creation of the world, life was created on the third day. So you have to have both.

He rose “on the third day” not “after three days.”

Friday, one, sat is two then Sunday was the third day.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2022 at 9:02:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
But if Good Friday was the Last Supper (otherwise known as Passover). Passover is celebrated after sunset. If Jesus was arrested after the Supper because he was betrayed by Judas who left the dinner and collected his 30 pieces of silver. If Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilot and then Herod and sentenced to death and crucified over 6 hours from 9AM until after 3 PM (Mark 15:25, 33-38), then how do you get three days until Easter Sunday?

A long time ago, like 35 years (man, I'm old), I heard an explanation of this. As I recall, if any part of a day was involved, it counted as a day. So, part of Thursday, all of Friday, and part of Saturday counted as "three days."

For Social Security purposes, you achieve any given age the day before your birthday, because you would have lived at least a part of every day of the calendar so-many times. My that metric, there would have been three days between the crucifixion (hard word to spell) and the resurrection.

p.s. Trivia for Paco -- Name the three Marys present at the crucifixion?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 23rd, 2022 at 1:22:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard

p.s. Trivia for Paco -- Name the three Marys present at the crucifixion?

Mary Magdalene, Jesus mother Mary, and Jesus best friend Morty who had recently transgendered and now identified as 'Mary'. He was stoned to death a few days later but that's another story.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 23rd, 2022 at 5:25:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
A long time ago, like 35 years (man, I'm old), I heard an explanation of this. As I recall, if any part of a day was involved, it counted as a day. So, part of Thursday, all of Friday, and part of Saturday counted as "three days."

LA County jail works this way. It is jammed with self-surrender people late in the evening as if you get in before midnight by even minutes it counts as a day. People doing just a few days thus get in late then spend forever in processing and get out sometimes without being put in gen pop.
The President is a fink.
April 23rd, 2022 at 6:11:26 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Mary Magdalene, Jesus mother Mary, and Jesus best friend Morty who had recently transgendered and now identified as 'Mary'. He was stoned to death a few days later but that's another story.

Oh my gosh!!! Bob actually said something funny.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 23rd, 2022 at 7:28:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob

:-)
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 8 of 8« First<5678