Israel under Siege

Page 17 of 17« First<14151617
September 7th, 2021 at 7:10:17 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
No comparison. Trump is far more intelligent than Biden. Biden looks clueless when he talks. He is clueless when he governs. He is that guy in the office that they promote because it is "his turn" for promotion. His whole administration is sort of a ship adrift at sea with no real direction other than "if Trump did it we do the opposite!" as navigation.

Fall should be fun as people who refused to pay their rent finally get booted to the street and people who have been refusing to work lose their supplemental unemployment. Biden and The Squad will be crying crocodile tears. They will set the Democrat Party up as the party for lazy people in 2022!

I am not sure if you are implying I support any of that. But, I dont. The eviction moratorium is insane with the rental assistance avaliable to anyone who legitimately can't pay their rent.

Most people I know of who are taking advantage of the moratorium can afford to pay (they are single with good jobs), and are just stashing cash, totally unfair to local landlords. I don't know if this is the norm, but just my observations. My guess is they are going to use the saved cash to buy a house in cash when they finally can get evicted (just my suspicion), as they will not be able to rent again with that kind of record. (and most of these people did not apply for rental assistance because they would never qualify with their salary and the fact they have a six figure income....) It's seems like it's just a way for wealthy or at least upper middle class people to stash cash while getting out of paying rent while working from home.....

I have very limited sympathy for people with good jobs taking advantage of the circumstance to stash cash. If somebody is legitimately sick and cannot work for several months, they should work with their landlord for rental assistance (which there is still am abundance of), and most reasonable landlords will work with them (because they know they will eventually get the check even if it takes a few weeks). But, if somebody makes zero effort to sit down with their landlord and work on an assistance application they should not be covered in my view....

As for expanded UI, I think many states have a max that is too low. I think the max should be at least 500/week in all states. But, this needs to be changed at the State level, I agree there should not be an additional bonus payment. At the very start this made sense for a few months to balance things, but it should be ended now that vaccines are avaliable and people can return to work if they choose.

There is a massive labor shortage right now. You can get an entry job as a HS dropout with no experience making 15+ /HR (often with a several thousand sign on bonus) with almost no effort right now (many places will literally hire you on the spot and you can start the next day). The ball is truly in the workers court right now. If people are unemployed or even making less than 15/HR, it is 100% their choice right now. That is just my view. I don't think this is a bad thing, because it is forcing industries to get more competitive to hire and retain employees (better pay, benefits, etc...)
September 24th, 2021 at 6:56:55 PM permalink
Gandler
In some good bipartisan news, the Iron Dome funding was approved with high levels of support.

People who are against the Iron Dome, I will never understand, its not a weapons system (well technically it is in a general sense), but it shoots missiles out of the sky to prevent death (its about as pro-peace as it can get).

The thing that I feel people are missing from this debate is the Iron Dome does not just protect Israelis, because if the rockets actually made it to Israel, guess what would happen, there would be many more rockets making it into Palestine. It basically prevents idiots from causing more harm than they should, which would result in further retaliation (almost how riot police have shields, because if they had to fire, even non-lethals, for every rock thrown at them, it would be very bad for the riot side....) It prevents a lot of violence on both sides. If the Iron Dome did not exist, there would be non-stop bombings of Palestine, which would cause more outrage (its sad to summarize it like that, but its simply true).

Of course the usual suspects from both parties are against it, but that is nothing new (they want more conflict, even if for different reasons).

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-house-overwhelmingly-advances-iron-dome-funding-initially-scotched-by-squad/
September 25th, 2021 at 11:12:30 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Agree that it was a good thing and loved that Deutsch got up there and blasted his fellow Dem Tlaib
AOC had to fake tears and then abstain from voting for the bill.
She has hopes of running in NY for statewide office.
Evidently there is a decent Jewish Population in NY, that's inconvenient.
Despite her Squad members basically calling Israel an Apartheid State during the discussion period,
She had to bend like the little bitch that she is and not put her "No" vote on the record.
And we are supposed to listen to the spineless bitch on how to fix climate change?
Good luck with that, people tend not to have much respect for liars like AOC.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 26th, 2021 at 12:06:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09
Agree that it was a good thing and loved that Deutsch got up there and blasted his fellow Dem Tlaib
Despite her Squad members basically calling Israel an Apartheid State during the discussion period,
She had to bend like the little bitch that she is and not put her "No" vote on the record.
And we are supposed to listen to the spineless bitch on how to fix climate change?

Just one house vote
Why is the right so obsessed with AOC?
She is no position to break any ties. Not a lot of power.
Yet
She literally gets more attention then Manchin
Really bizarre how some obsess over AOC
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2021 at 9:36:16 AM permalink
Gandler

Yeah voting present is just dumb.

You are going to make both sides hate you. It's a poor political move. I don't know who she was trying to win over with that.

If you are anti-Israel at least take a stand. Talib, is a moron with her anti-Israel, but at least she is taking a stand on this issue, which I have more respect for that refusing to take a side.

You would be better off just not showing up at that point.
September 27th, 2021 at 10:39:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Yeah voting present is just dumb.

You are going to make both sides hate you. It's a poor political move. I don't know who she was trying to win over with that.

She is just doing the old Obama model. Do not vote to take a stand.

If I was in charge of the rules there would be no voting "present." Binary. 0 or 1. Yea or nay.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2021 at 11:43:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
She is just doing the old Obama model. Do not vote to take a stand.

If I was in charge of the rules there would be no voting "present." Binary. 0 or 1. Yea or nay.

Maybe she is still trying to #breakthebinary
September 27th, 2021 at 2:20:24 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
Just one house vote
Why is the right so obsessed with AOC?
She is no position to break any ties. Not a lot of power.
Yet
She literally gets more attention then Manchin
Really bizarre how some obsess over AOC

You should talk to Ted Deutch, he has some insight for you.
Oh & he is a Democrat so you'll have a lot in common.
Except he lives in an actual house, no wheels.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 27th, 2021 at 3:54:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
You should talk to Ted Deutch, he has some insight for you.
Oh & he is a Democrat so you'll have a lot in common.
Except he lives in an actual house, no wheels.

???????
Why talk to this dude?
Weird suggestion
AOC is still just one house vote
Why do some righties obsess over 1 vote
Even weirder
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 17 of 17« First<14151617