Taiwan Is Next

Page 1 of 212>
July 1st, 2021 at 1:54:37 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Didn't some bright mind say the US should be like Taiwan when it comes to Covid? I think I mentioned that Taiwan couldn't even guarantee its own independence from China without the US. Of course with Biden at the helm, there is a window of opportunity for China and here is what Xi Jinping had to say yesterday:

“Restoring” Taiwan to China is an unshakeable commitment of the party, he says, reiterating previous statements but emphasising that this remains a key goal which is central to his leadership.

“All of us compatriots on both side of the Taiwan Strait must come together and move forward in unison. We must take resolution action to defeat any move towards Taiwan independence and create a bright future for national rejuvenation.”

“No one should underestimate the resolve, the will and ability of the Chinese people to define their national sovereignty and territorial integrity,” he says.

Taiwan will be the next Hong Kong, Time to bring semi-conductor manufacturing back to the US. Most of those new facilities are showing up in the free state of Texas. Shocking no one with a brain.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 1st, 2021 at 3:34:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09

Taiwan will be the next Hong Kong,

ROTFL
You really dont understand the region
I'm heavily invested in TSM and PRASX :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2021 at 3:44:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
I'm heavily invested in TSM and PRASX :-)

I think this thread is an indication that you are living rent free in jcw’s head.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2021 at 5:55:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Only a matter of time.

"China's growing firepower casts doubt on whether U.S. could defend Taiwan"

"In tabletop exercises with America as the "blue team" facing off against a "red team" resembling China, Taiwan's air force is wiped out within minutes, U.S. air bases across the Pacific come under attack, and American warships and aircraft are held at bay by the long reach of China's vast missile arsenal"

'We're going to lose fast'

“... the trend in our war games was not just that we were losing, but we were losing faster,” - Air Force Lt. Gen. S. Clinton Hinote

China Building Over 100 New ICBM Silos According To New Satellite Data
July 2nd, 2021 at 6:09:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Only a matter of time.

"China's growing firepower casts doubt on whether U.S. could defend Taiwan"

"In tabletop exercises with America as the "blue team" facing off against a "red team" resembling China, Taiwan's air force is wiped out within minutes, U.S. air bases across the Pacific come under attack, and American warships and aircraft are held at bay by the long reach of China's vast missile arsenal"

'We're going to lose fast'

“... the trend in our war games was not just that we were losing, but we were losing faster,” - Air Force Lt. Gen. S. Clinton Hinote

China Building Over 100 New ICBM Silos According To New Satellite Data

I don’t think China wants Taiwan bad enough to initiate attacks on US bases. And even with fast modern warfare it would be next to impossible to sneak a sufficient invasion force into position without tipping their hand.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2021 at 6:20:42 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
Only a matter of time.

ROTFL
Sad that you really believe the propaganda BS from the communist party of China's 100 year celebration
Some conservatives are so gullible
The reality, the party is worried if it can hold power in the information age when China citizens are now wealthy enough to travel around the world being exposed to uncensored news
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2021 at 11:25:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

I don’t think China wants Taiwan bad enough to initiate attacks on US bases. And even with fast modern warfare it would be next to impossible to sneak a sufficient invasion force into position without tipping their hand.

China is patient. If they take Taiwan it will be without a shot being fired. The thing that will stop them is potential demographic collapse.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2021 at 11:30:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine

China wants Taiwan to be taken with the least amount of bloodshed possible. It will be a combination of a PR campaign and blockading the ports so that population is hungry enough to listen to the PR.

China lost 15,000,000 to 20,000,000 people in WWII and the war against the Nationalists. More than any other country except Soviet Union.
July 2nd, 2021 at 11:55:37 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Pacomartin
China wants Taiwan to be taken with the least amount of bloodshed possible.

Absolutely. No way will they invade.
Its actually a huge tourist destination for China and a massive trading partner
This means interfering with the Islands politics
Thats a given
But
I simply dont see Taiwan giving up its independence even if a pro Beijing govt is voted in
And
I really doubt a pro Beijing govt will ever be elected. Taiwanese people appreciate their freedoms.
Whats happening in HK is shocking Taiwan. No way the people of Taiwan want to lose the freedoms HK used to have

Whats happening in HK was totally predictable
What actually surprises me is how long China waited till they cracked down on HK freedom
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:10:26 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
Whats happening in HK was totally predictable
What actually surprises me is how long China waited till they cracked down on HK freedom

I used to go to HK for work in the mid 2000s. There was a widely circulated English language newspaper, The South China Morning Post. They wrote about everything China didn't want talked about, Tiananmen Square, Taiwan, Tibet. I thought at the time, how long can they get away with this? I now read the SCMP on the internet occasionally. They have moderated their content significantly.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 1 of 212>