Biden's Biggest Blunder

Page 143 of 144« First<140141142143144>
September 21st, 2022 at 3:37:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/jr-majewski-misled-voters-afghanistan-service-1234597278/

Well it appears that another Trump supported candidate is lying about his time in Afghanistan.

"The AP also notes that Majewski does not have the medals awarded to those who served in Afghanistan. For instance, Majewski once claimed to have gone over 40 days without a shower in Afghanistan but does not have an Afghanistan campaign medal, which goes to those who served there for “30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days.” "

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/21/ohio-gop-majewski-military-00058125

https://www.businessinsider.com/house-candidate-jr-majewski-lied-about-parts-of-his-military-service-2022-9

' Majewski faces incumbent Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur in a race that the nonpartisan Cook Political Report has declared a "toss-up." Former President Donald Trump has endorsed Majewski, stating that Majewski "bravely served in the U.S. Air Force" and would be a "fantastic congressman." '
September 21st, 2022 at 11:33:12 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So what else is new in Qanon land?

The Big Lie provides these idiots warmth, comfort and hope to oppose inevitable change.
September 22nd, 2022 at 5:21:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler

' Majewski faces incumbent Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur in a race that the nonpartisan Cook Political Report has declared a "toss-up."

Marcy Kaptur’s district is a tossup now? Damn, the GOP must have gerrymandered the hell out of it. I grew up in her district, it was about as reliably blue as you can get.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2022 at 7:25:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: missedhervee
So what else is new in Qanon land?

The Big Lie provides these idiots warmth, comfort and hope to oppose inevitable change.

Its just strange how its becoming a party built on lies.

If he simply said, "I am an Airforce OEF veteran" nobody would have cared. But, instead he had to take it a step further and make up stories about Afghanistan (a country which I can safely say he has probably not spent one hour in, and if he has certainly in no military capacity).

I am (safely) guessing he has claimed this to give home more weight on Biden's Afghanistan policy, but it is backfiring. Though it would not surprise me if his supporters think the government destroyed his records and its all some conspiracy....
September 23rd, 2022 at 2:34:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Its just strange how its becoming a party built on lies.

Sure is. If this keeps up in 10 years the GOP might be as build on lies as the Democrat Party.

I am wondering if you were just as worked up when Hillary said she left the WH "dead broke" or landed "under fire" in what was it, Kosovo?
The President is a fink.
September 23rd, 2022 at 4:23:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

I am wondering if you were just as worked up when Hillary said she left the WH "dead broke" or landed "under fire" in what was it, Kosovo?

Here’s a hint: in the year 2022, if you have to randomly bring up Hillary Clinton to try to make a point, you’re losing the argument.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 23rd, 2022 at 3:08:39 PM permalink
Gandler
Sure is. If this keeps up in 10 years the GOP might be as build on lies as the Democrat Party.

I have no idea about her broke comment. I was hyper critical of Clinton for Kosovo statements (and policy in general). In fact many here (or WOV more accurately) on the left disliked me for being far too anti-Clinton last election (which I have no apologies for, she is a terrible person, and her family is almost as bad as the Trumps -almost-). Which my only regret was Trump winning, probably the two worst candidates in American history.

However, Clinton is not running for anything (and has been pretty good staying out of the news), so I am really not concerned with her right now. (Though I will never vote for her if she does run again, unless the choice is her or Trump, and this time I will have no choice, but to choose the lesser of two evils for the good of the country, but that is unlikely).

The idea that I am never critical of Democrats is absurd (that was the primary point of this thread). However, Republicans push the big lie (and many actually believe it, its not just trolling). When the majority of a party believes that the overwhelming loser of the last election is actually still President, the party is beyond saving (at least in the near future).
September 24th, 2022 at 2:35:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
When the majority of a party believes that the overwhelming loser of the last election is actually still President, the party is beyond saving (at least in the near future).

You mean like when you and your Democrat Party kept whining RUSSIARUSSIARISSIA?

Or further back saying SCOTUS appointed Bush43?

I think we both know you know what you can do with this.
The President is a fink.
September 24th, 2022 at 8:13:00 AM permalink
Gandler
You mean like when you and your Democrat Party kept whining RUSSIARUSSIARISSIA?

Or further back saying SCOTUS appointed Bush43?

I think we both know you know what you can do with this.

Totally off base comparisons. Russia did support Trump in his election, and did help his campaign (how much he knew about this remains unclear, but staff members and associates certainly did, and have the CJ records to prove it....) However, people accepted that he won the electoral college.

Bush43 I know less about, but it was heard in Court and eventually people accepted his win (in fact in his first term he was one of the most popular President's in history for a brief period, this did not last though, getting into the 70s which is almost unheard of).

Trump's allegations were heard in Court dozens of times and thrown out. There is zero evidence that Trump won the election. There is ample evidence that he lost the election by a wide margin (by seven million votes and over 70 electoral votes). Trump lost the election beyond any reasonable dispute by a massive margin (unlike Bush43 first election), and the fact that people insist he did not shows the Republican Party is deluded.
September 24th, 2022 at 11:15:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Totally off base comparisons. Russia did support Trump in his election, and did help his campaign (how much he knew about this remains unclear, but staff members and associates certainly did, and have the CJ records to prove it....) However, people accepted that he won the electoral college.

Bush43 I know less about, but it was heard in Court and eventually people accepted his win (in fact in his first term he was one of the most popular President's in history for a brief period, this did not last though, getting into the 70s which is almost unheard of).

Trump's allegations were heard in Court dozens of times and thrown out. There is zero evidence that Trump won the election. There is ample evidence that he lost the election by a wide margin (by seven million votes and over 70 electoral votes). Trump lost the election beyond any reasonable dispute by a massive margin (unlike Bush43 first election), and the fact that people insist he did not shows the Republican Party is deluded.

See. You are STILL whining Russia Russia Russia.

Sorry but liberals never accept he 43s win to this day.
The President is a fink.
Page 143 of 144« First<140141142143144>