Biden's Biggest Blunder

August 19th, 2021 at 6:01:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: fleaswatter
Quote: Gandler

This is simply false. No citizen is charged. Some non-citizens are charged based on circumstance and logistics.

Please cite the official release:
https://af.usembassy.gov/security-alert-repatriation-assistance-for-u-s-citizens-august-14-2021/#:~:text=Flight%20Costs%3A%20Repatriation%20flights%20are,USD%20or%20more%20per%20person.

"U.S. lawful permanent residents may submit a repatriation assistance request, and their request will be considered depending on availability.

Flight Costs: Repatriation flights are not free, and passengers will be required to sign a promissory loan agreement and may not be eligible to renew their U.S. passports until the loan is repaid. The cost may be $2,000USD or more per person.
Travel Documents: All passengers should have valid travel documents required for entry into the United States (e.g. U.S. passports or visas) "

IE: This is for noncitizens

This is another piece of nonsensical news that is floating in rightwing news that is simply not true, and can be rebutted with spending 10 seconds looking at the State Department's site....

No U.S. citizen is being charged. Some noncitizens eligible for flights to the U.S. do have to be charged as is normal everywhere...

emphasis above is mine

My goodness, you have got to be kidding me. Did you read your own post?

It is for non-citizens????

Please explain to me how "non-citizens" have a US passport.

Care to update your misinformation?

A couple of clarifications that seem to be causing confusion.

"The Biden Administration" is not charging anyone anything. There is a standard charge for reparation flights, boats, buses, whatever transport, that any citizen or national must pay when fleeing any country for any reason. This is nothing new as I stated. This is to cover the cost of the transportation and logistics from whatever country back to the U.S. This is not a "Biden" thing, it has been policy for years.....

For example if you are in vacation to Panama and some local gang is after you for whatever reason, and you flee to the embassy and demand transport back to the U.S. they will oblige, but you will have to pay the costs upfront or promise to pay them back (promissory loan with the collateral often being passport renewal so to speak or something along those lines).

However, in this case as I cited, there will be no fee for U.S. citizens. They will be taken out of the country for free. You can argue if this is fiscally sound or not, but its reality. This will not apply to noncitizens.
August 19th, 2021 at 6:24:39 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

This is simply false. No citizen is charged. Some non-citizens are charged based on circumstance and logistics.

https://af.usembassy.gov/security-alert-repatriation-assistance-for-u-s-citizens-august-14-2021/#:~:text=Flight%20Costs%3A%20Repatriation%20flights%20are,USD%20or%20more%20per%20person.

"U.S. lawful permanent residents may submit a repatriation assistance request, and their request will be considered depending on availability.

Flight Costs: Repatriation flights are not free, and passengers will be required to sign a promissory loan agreement and may not be eligible to renew their U.S. passports until the loan is repaid. The cost may be $2,000USD or more per person.

Travel Documents: All passengers should have valid travel documents required for entry into the United States (e.g. U.S. passports or visas) "

This is another piece of nonsensical news that is floating in rightwing news that is simply not true, and can be rebutted with spending 10 seconds looking at the State Department's site....

No U.S. citizen is being charged. Some noncitizens eligible for flights to the U.S. do have to be charged as is normal everywhere...

emphasis above is mine

"The Biden Administration" is not charging anyone anything. There is a standard charge for reparation flights, boats, buses, whatever transport, that any citizen or national must pay when fleeing any country for any reason. This is nothing new as I stated. This is to cover the cost of the transportation and logistics from whatever country back to the U.S. This is not a "Biden" thing, it has been policy for years.....

For example if you are in vacation to Panama and some local gang is after you for whatever reason, and you flee to the embassy and demand transport back to the U.S. they will oblige, but you will have to pay the costs upfront or promise to pay them back (promissory loan with the collateral often being passport renewal so to speak or something along those lines).

However, in this case as I cited, there will be no fee for U.S. citizens. They will be taken out of the country for free. You can argue if this is fiscally sound or not, but its reality. This will not apply to noncitizens.

You are not clarifying anything. Your "explanations" are just confusing the issue even more.

Lets actually clarify by going to this link. Follow the link and click on: "Will the U.S. government pay for my evacuation if it is needed? I quote:
Quote:
No. U.S. law requires that the assisted evacuation of private U.S. citizens or third country nationals be provided “on a reimbursable basis to the maximum extent practicable.” However, we do understand that you may not be able to access your own money during a crisis. For evacuation transportation that we arrange to transport you out of a crisis location, you do not have to pay before you board. To board these transports, you will need to complete and sign a form promising to repay the U.S. government. The amount billed to evacuees is based on the cost of a full fare economy flight, or comparable alternate transportation, to the designated destination(s) that would have been charged immediately prior to the events giving rise to the evacuation. Because different evacuation transports may go to different destinations, the cost of one transport may be different than another. We encourage people to leave on the first transport they are able and eligible to board.

As mentioned above, an evacuation is almost always to a nearby location away from the crisis, which is very rarely to the United States. You are also responsible for the costs you may incur in the destination, including hotel, food, clothing, medication, and other necessities.

Emergency financial assistance in the form of a loan may be available to U.S. citizens who are unable to pay for their onward travel to the United States.

The bottom line is that the "assisted evacuation" is NOT free for either citizens or non-citizens but it appears that the fee may be waived.
Let's go Brandon
August 19th, 2021 at 6:37:59 PM permalink
Gandler

emphasis above is mine

You are not clarifying anything. Your "explanations" are just confusing the issue even more.

Lets actually clarify by going to this link. Follow the link and click on: "Will the U.S. government pay for my evacuation if it is needed? I quote:

The bottom line is that the "assisted evacuation" is NOT free for either citizens or non-citizens but it appears that the fee may be waived.

*Bolding Mine*, yes as I have been saying....

Its routine (generally required) for the State dept to charge for services.

This is not a new policy or anything to do with Biden, his administration is likely (too lazy to look it up), the first to not charge citizens for a specific incident.

On this issue I am no defender of Biden (or Trump), but at least be honest with your criticism. A State Department fee schedule has nothing to do with Biden...
August 19th, 2021 at 6:59:21 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
*Bolding Mine*, yes as I have been saying....

Its routine (generally required) for the State dept to charge for services.

This is not a new policy or anything to do with Biden, his administration is likely (too lazy to look it up), the first to not charge citizens for a specific incident.

On this issue I am no defender of Biden (or Trump), but at least be honest with your criticism. A State Department fee schedule has nothing to do with Biden...

My goodness.
Supposedly, you are somewhat in the military. Did you ever hear the acronym RTFM (read the f----ing manual). It appears not.

I quote you: Its routine (generally required) for the State dept to charge for services.

It is NOT "generally required", it is required by law to charge but, as I said before, it appears that the fees/charge may be waived depending upon circumstances.
Let's go Brandon
August 20th, 2021 at 2:44:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is NOT "generally required", it is required by law to charge but, as I said before, it appears that the fees/charge may be waived depending upon circumstances.

Maybe the flight is free but Biden is making them pay a resort fee on it?
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2021 at 4:07:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Didn't you give up on your country already? Aren't you going ex-pat?

Potentially, because of the mentality of the left in the USA and I see where it will lead.

Which has to do with your satisfaction with Biden how?
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2021 at 9:10:45 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Seriously, where would you move t

All countries have problem, all countries must learn to deal with change: as must you.
August 20th, 2021 at 9:18:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Seriously, where would you move t

All countries have problem, all countries must learn to deal with change: as must you.

I have a thread on it.

All countries have problems, but the way the USA is going I do not want to be like someone in Germany in 1937 with no idea or way to get out. USA is going in a very bad way.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2021 at 9:25:52 AM permalink
Gandler
My goodness.
Supposedly, you are somewhat in the military. Did you ever hear the acronym RTFM (read the f----ing manual). It appears not.

I quote you: Its routine (generally required) for the State dept to charge for services.

You are arguing over semantic to twist something to make it look like a Biden thing. As you said it's standard and has been..... And, they are exempting citizens this time. It's causing outrage over something that should not in a troubling scenario.
August 20th, 2021 at 9:35:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It's causing outrage over something that should not in a troubling scenario.

You mean like when the left went crazy because Trump said a bad word to describe some countries in a private meeting?

Or that AMZN does not pay taxes because they still have carry-forward credits?

Or that Chick-Fil-A's CEO gives to a charity that gays do not approve of?

Things like that?
The President is a fink.