January 6 redux

January 7th, 2022 at 6:18:06 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Because that is the standard. Liberals hate when conservatives follow their standards. Like when they defended Clinton's behavior all his term as his "personal life" then when they tried to call out Trump and we told them it was his personal life. Limbaugh was correct when he said the only way to get liberal behavior to change is use their own standards against them.

Are you capable of viewing any issue independently, and not as a Democrat vs Republican?

Violent rioting is wrong, you either believe that or you don’t. When you see someone commit a crime and say “but wait are they a democrat or Republican?” I don’t know any way to explain that other than mental illness.

You should just expatriate yourself considering how much you clearly hate democracy. I am sure they have dead end jobs filling out insurance paperwork in other countries.
January 7th, 2022 at 6:24:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
Are you capable of viewing any issue independently, and not as a Democrat vs Republican?

Violent rioting is wrong, you either believe that or you don’t. When you see someone commit a crime and say “but wait are they a democrat or Republican?” I don’t know any way to explain that other than mental illness.

You should just expatriate yourself considering how much you clearly hate democracy. I am sure they have dead end jobs filling out insurance paperwork in other countries.

I do view issues independent. I am just asking for equal treatment. Check out the riots by ANTIFA and BLM after Trump was elected. The left did not call that out so I am not calling out my side. I have had it being expected to call out my side when the other side does things many times worse.

I do not hate democracy. In fact, I wish I lived in one!
The President is a fink.
January 7th, 2022 at 6:25:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

Prosecutions continue to take place and people are jailed longer than others accused of similar charged crimes (not the "insurrection", since no one is charged with that to date). I am all for the prosecutions but why are people not getting the same treatment pre-trial as others charged with the same thing?

I don't know the specific cases. But if you leave the scene of a crime, and know law enforcement might be looking for you, they're going to take less kindly to having to find you and pick you up. You can drive off from the scene of an accident, saying you thought you were innocent. But that only works as long as they've found no evidence to link you to it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2022 at 6:27:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I do view issues independent.

Name three issues where you disagree with the GOP company line...and not by being MORE conservative.

Quote:
I am just asking for equal treatment. Check out the riots by ANTIFA and BLM after Trump was elected. The left did not call that out so I am not calling out my side. I have had it being expected to call out my side when the other side does things many times worse.

I do not hate democracy. In fact, I wish I lived in one!

I think that's actually fair. On that note, I'm one of the few people that actually would have done the same thing in both instances, "You loot, we shoot." That's after giving the crowd a reasonable amount of time to go elsewhere, of course.

We certainly wouldn't have these goofy trials and be talking about it more than a year later if they were all dead.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2022 at 6:28:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Democrats don't want the truth as much as they want to keep this alive for political purposes. That is sad.

Remember when you said the same thing about Benghazi?

Yeah, me either.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2022 at 6:48:34 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I don't know the specific cases. But if you leave the scene of a crime, and know law enforcement might be looking for you, they're going to take less kindly to having to find you and pick you up. You can drive off from the scene of an accident, saying you thought you were innocent. But that only works as long as they've found no evidence to link you to it.

Most of them likely did not actually know they were being looked for at the time. In many Federal prosecutions, people are notified ahead of time and given the opportunity to turn themselves in...unless a perp walk or breaking down a house door is safer or, often, will make a better story. They are "accused" at that point, not convicted yet the publicity gives an aura of guilt right off the bat.

Anyway, if you are charged with trespassing and can go to jail for a year, most people would get bail at that point until trial. In many areas, there would be releases without any bail necessary. Since many are not charged with major crimes, why are they being held? It is vindictive, not punitive or reforming.

We should know how many have been convicted, found not guilty, imprisoned, etc. and what charges anyone remaining in pre-trial confinement have pending.

There are a lot of people running around on bail with plenty of evidence against them that will be used when they are tried. You do not get held just because of evidence in the case of many, many charges.
January 7th, 2022 at 6:59:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Most of them likely did not actually know they were being looked for at the time.

In many Federal prosecutions, people are notified ahead of time and given the opportunity to turn themselves in...unless a perp walk or breaking down a house door is safer or, often, will make a better story. They are "accused" at that point, not convicted yet the publicity gives an aura of guilt right off the bat.

Anyway, if you are charged with trespassing and can go to jail for a year, most people would get bail at that point until trial. In many areas, there would be releases without any bail necessary. Since many are not charged with major crimes, why are they being held? It is vindictive, not punitive or reforming.

We should know how many have been convicted, found not guilty, imprisoned, etc. and what charges anyone remaining in pre-trial confinement have pending.

There are a lot of people running around on bail with plenty of evidence against them that will be used when they are tried. You do not get held just because of evidence in the case of many, many charges.

The recourse is appeals, lawsuits, or even class action lawsuits (by Lin Wood). And if you're convicted, any time served usually goes to shortening the sentence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2022 at 7:02:39 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
January 6th sucked. It should not have happened.

My January 6th did not suck. On the contrary, yesterday was the first time I got drunk since moving to Florida. Now, January 7th sucks as I am very hungover.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2022 at 7:08:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146

I think that's actually fair. On that note, I'm one of the few people that actually would have done the same thing in both instances, "You loot, we shoot." That's after giving the crowd a reasonable amount of time to go elsewhere, of course.

We certainly wouldn't have these goofy trials and be talking about it more than a year later if they were all dead.

In case you're interested.

Quote:
Kazakhstan’s authoritarian president has ordered troops to shoot protesters without warning to crush the mass anti-government uprising that was sparked by spiraling fuel prices this week. Speaking in a televised address Friday, President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said he’d personally authorized security forces to “fire without warning” and dismissed calls to talk to protest leaders as “nonsense.” He went on: “What kind of talks can we hold with criminals and murderers? We had to deal with armed and well-prepared bandits, local as well as foreign. More precisely, with terrorists. So we have to destroy them. This will be done soon.” Tokayev also offered his “special thanks” to Russian President Vladimir Putin for sending troops to help end the protests.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kazakhstan-president-kassym-jomart-tokayev-orders-troops-to-shoot-protesters-without-warning
January 7th, 2022 at 7:35:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You'll notice the words, "Without warning," in the section you quoted.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman