January 6 redux

Page 1 of 321234>Last »
January 2nd, 2022 at 9:09:05 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I can't wait to see what Trump says at his press conference scheduled for January 6th, one year to the day after the infamous insurrection at the Capitol building.

Seems like a politically dangerous move on his part, but then he rarely cares about playing by the rules anyway.

What can he possibly add to the national conversation other than repeating "the election was stolen" and "I am the king, bow down to me if you want a political future in the republican party?"

*starts popping popcorn*
January 3rd, 2022 at 3:29:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not really dangerous. Only the liberal haters still care about Jan 6. The rest of us had forgotten about it by Groundhog Day.

He will probably point to the disaster that has been the Biden administration and remind us it did not have to be this way.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 4:04:12 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Not really dangerous. Only the liberal haters still care about Jan 6. The rest of us had forgotten about it by Groundhog Day.

He will probably point to the disaster that has been the Biden administration and remind us it did not have to be this way.

Except for all of the investigations that are still occurring. It was probably the most dangerous attack on the U.S. since 9/11.
January 3rd, 2022 at 4:08:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Except for all of the investigations that are still occurring. It was probably the most dangerous attack on the U.S. since 9/11.

You mean all the investigations the liberals are running for political reasons?

Hardly a dangerous "attack." BLM and ANTIFA riots have been worse.

I had hoped it would be the USA version of Bastille Day but that is not to be. It was just another demonstration.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 4:15:16 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
You mean all the investigations the liberals are running for political reasons?

Hardly a dangerous "attack." BLM and ANTIFA riots have been worse.

I had hoped it would be the USA version of Bastille Day but that is not to be. It was just another demonstration.

It is well known that right-wing extremism is the most dangerous extremism in the U.S. It was an attack on democracy, hundreds of people trying to lynch politicians (both left and right) that they disagreed with.

BLM and ANTIFA have not tried to take over a government building. Those riots are not the same, there is a difference between riots and terrorist attacks. That is like saying "You can't arrest me for a DUI because some guy is double parked over there....."
January 3rd, 2022 at 4:24:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It is well known that right-wing extremism is the most dangerous extremism in the U.S. It was an attack on democracy, hundreds of people trying to lynch politicians (both left and right) that they disagreed with.

BLM and ANTIFA have not tried to take over a government building. Those riots are not the same, there is a difference between riots and terrorist attacks. That is like saying "You can't arrest me for a DUI because some guy is double parked over there....."

Where have you been? It is left wing extremism that is driving most riots in the USA. Left wingers took over several city blocks, not just a building. Left wingers in the 1960s regularly took over government buildings.

It was no big deal, get on with your life.
The President is a fink.
January 3rd, 2022 at 4:45:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I'm still shocked that our Capital was attacked
Gazillion people have protested in DC including myself
It never ever occurred to anybody to attack the capital
Until the extreme right
I'm still gobsmacked over this
No doubt Trump intends to throw gas on this fire
Jan 6 will show he is the biggest sore loser in the entire history of mankind
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 3rd, 2022 at 6:40:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Yeah, Trump having it on Jan 6, one year later helps everyone keep forgetting about it. LOL.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2022 at 8:27:44 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I really can’t fathom the mental gymnastics any American would have to go through to think the insurrection at the capitol was no big deal.

Truly boggles my mind how far the alt-right has devolved to support outright treason and the assault of LEO.
January 3rd, 2022 at 8:31:49 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
It was no big deal, get on with your life.

It’s not possible to have this opinion and also support law enforcement.

Completely incompatible views.
Page 1 of 321234>Last »