Page 1 of 1041234>Last »
January 7th, 2022 at 1:54:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Well, it’s 2022 now.

Unemployment at 3.9%, thanks Joe!

Under a Republican president:

Under a Democratic president:

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say the GOP are just a bunch of shameless hypocrites!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2022 at 3:59:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am quite happy with my vote for Biden, he is getting things done.

I have some minor personal complaints with him (that are almost not worth bringing up in the grand scale of things such as his nicotine taxes).

My major issue, and the only one that actually matters as far as global standing is him pulling out of Afghanistan. Yes, he was carrying out a terrible deal made by Trump, but he should have ignored it and stayed (he ignored most of Trump's ideas), this was mostly political in my view, there was no way he did not know what was going to happen (kids in an 8th grade history class could have predicted that).

But, overall the country is in a much better place. I hope that Democrats can maintain a majority so that real change is possible (I realize this is not probable). If he does not have the support of Congress, it really does not matter how great his ideas are. The infrastructure bill is also awesome, and has been badly needed.
January 7th, 2022 at 4:39:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
I am quite happy with my vote for Biden, he is getting things done.

I have some minor personal complaints with him (that are almost not worth bringing up in the grand scale of things such as his nicotine taxes).

My major issue, and the only one that actually matters as far as global standing is him pulling out of Afghanistan. Yes, he was carrying out a terrible deal made by Trump, but he should have ignored it and stayed (he ignored most of Trump's ideas), this was mostly political in my view, there was no way he did not know what was going to happen (kids in an 8th grade history class could have predicted that).

But, overall the country is in a much better place. I hope that Democrats can maintain a majority so that real change is possible (I realize this is not probable). If he does not have the support of Congress, it really does not matter how great his ideas are. The infrastructure bill is also awesome, and has been badly needed.

If we are going to deal with Russia and China in economic deals that benefit all of us, I prefer we set conditions in advance, for example we’ll continue a trade deal with China unless they invade Taiwan or some other transgressions. We know enough about these countries we should be doing conditions in advance in instead of letting Ji or Putin guess what our chess move will be.

Give Putin a deal unless we catch him conducting major hacking attacks. There’s all kinds of issues we could address in advance just from our previous experience with them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2022 at 4:55:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
We have no treaty with Taiwan and no obligation to defend them if China attacks.

I certainly wouldn't want my grandson to die fighting a war over Taiwan.

Let them sort it out among themselves, it's a family problem.

Besides, China is not really communist at all; they found out the hard way that it doesn't work under Mao when the Great Leap Forward tripped over its own shoe laces.
January 7th, 2022 at 5:31:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
We have no treaty with Taiwan and no obligation to defend them if China attacks.

Besides, China is not really communist at all; they found out the hard way that it doesn't work under Mao when the Great Leap Forward tripped over its own shoe laces.

I didn't say go fighting, I just said trade deal. If we don't have interests outside direct alliances, then we're just waiting for the right conditions for another axis powers to form without doing anything to slow it down.

I don't think it's wise to ignore the world, but doesn't mean we have to only use war either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2022 at 5:52:06 PM permalink
missedhervee
Makes sense.

I'm not an isolationist but we need no longer be the world's cop: too expensive.
January 8th, 2022 at 5:37:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee

They're still communist in all the ways that are bad, and capitalist in not all the ways that are good. Just to be capitalist is not enough, because the true virtue of that system is free enterprise.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 8th, 2022 at 5:00:12 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Joe Manchin pulls his $1.8 trillion spending compromise off the table: report

Quote:
Sen. Joe Manchin has yanked his proposal for a $1.8 trillion compromise on President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better plan off the table, according to reports — potentially the final nail in the coffin of the Democratic Party’s signature social-spending agenda.

The West Virginia Democrat’s about-face was reported Saturday by the Washington Post, citing three unnamed sources with knowledge of the matter.

Let's go Brandon
January 8th, 2022 at 5:45:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter

Again?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 8th, 2022 at 6:50:54 PM permalink
missedhervee
Good.

We don't any of this progressive nonsense.
Page 1 of 1041234>Last »