The Biden Presidency 2022

January 28th, 2022 at 8:18:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Sorry, JCW09 but it looks like you won a trip to the dunking stool.

Calling any forum member a "liar" is strictly verboten.

Seems to me that even if he was wrong as to the date of death it is clear that the death resulted from the insurrection, and even if it didn't you cannot call him a liar and expect to get away with it, at least on this board.

The Wiz runs a tight ship.
January 28th, 2022 at 9:13:36 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: missedhervee
Sorry, JCW09 but it looks like you won a trip to the dunking stool.

Calling any forum member a "liar" is strictly verboten.

Seems to me that even if he was wrong as to the date of death it is clear that the death resulted from the insurrection, and even if it didn't you cannot call him a liar and expect to get away with it.

I haven’t called anyone anything today. Just stated facts.
Can you remind me which officers died on or as a result of 1/6?
Sicknick had a stroke the next day.
It was deemed “death from natural causes” based on a coroner’s report.
Officer Jeffrey Smith comitted suicide days after Jan 6th
He should have gotten “some help”, maybe talked to Ed.
I hear Ed is good at diagnosing who needs “help”
Posting that Capitol Police Officers died on or as a result of 1/6 is untrue.
It wasn’t a mistake on the date or the timeline, it is not true.
Anyone can “do the math” on what was posted versus what is true.
AMS just doesn’t like the answer everyone keeps coming up with.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 28th, 2022 at 10:44:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
You claim he is an "acknowledged liar" which I believe means he has publicly admitted that he lied.

If so, then mea culpa; if not, then "bad dog!"

If not, are you yourself not lying about him being an acknowledged liar?
January 29th, 2022 at 12:19:16 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Fleaswatter gets 3 days for calling AMS a liar.
Suspensions really are and should be rare on this forum.

But as MrV says, strictly verboten.
January 29th, 2022 at 7:19:33 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
Officer Sicknick was attacked by the mob on Jan 6 and died a day later. The medical examiner ruled that he died of two strokes from natural causes. However, they also added that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

Diseases like cardiovascular disease are one of the natural causes. That means the injury from the mob attack didn't cause death. But stress can hasten the disease that causes a stroke . Sometimes stress can cause hypertension that hastens vascular conditions — leading to stroke or heart attack.

You could argue that he would still be alive if Jan. 6 hadn't happened or if he hadn't been attacked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/brian-sicknick-death-strokes/2021/04/19/36d2d310-617e-11eb-afbe-9a11a127d146_story.html

https://www.flintrehab.com/can-stress-cause-a-stroke/
January 29th, 2022 at 7:38:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: quadriga
Officer Sicknick was attacked by the mob on Jan 6 and died a day later. The medical examiner ruled that he died of two strokes from natural causes. However, they also added that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

Diseases like cardiovascular disease are one of the natural causes. That means the injury from the mob attack didn't cause death. But stress can hasten the disease that causes a stroke . Sometimes stress can cause hypertension that hastens vascular conditions — leading to stroke or heart attack.

You could argue that he would still be alive if Jan. 6 hadn't happened or if he hadn't been attacked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/brian-sicknick-death-strokes/2021/04/19/36d2d310-617e-11eb-afbe-9a11a127d146_story.html

Possibly related to that, if an officer dies in a police chase, I believe many laws say the suspect can get charged for it. Suspect didn't beat him up, or attack him in those cases either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 29th, 2022 at 10:49:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
It's only three days, JCW09, and you've hopefully learned a valuable lesson in brinkmanship.

I too fell afoul of the sensor at WoV for calling someone a "fatso."

Truth is not a defense; if it's insulting on its face there is no getting around it.

You might want to use your time off to do something constructive such as attending a Trump rally; I hear they'll have a break out session where they instruct rally-goesrs how to build and operate a gallows.
January 29th, 2022 at 11:25:34 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: quadriga

I was about to question why someone with a cardiovascular disease would be deemed medically fit to hold a known high stress position, but see there is no indication in the article he had one. By appearances he appeared to be in ok shape. Yes, I know we have lots of fatties and probably some with cardiovascular conditions in our police force. I do believe that should be the case, like the military there should be some minimum qualifications of physical condition to be maintained to wear the badge. Will never fly with the police union, though.
January 30th, 2022 at 2:08:46 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
It's only three days, JCW09, and you've hopefully learned a valuable lesson in brinkmanship.
Wrong guy. It was fleaswatter that got suspended.
January 30th, 2022 at 4:53:29 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12

I too fell afoul of the sensor at WoV for calling someone a "fatso."

Truth is not a defense; if it's insulting on its face there is no getting around it.

You might want to use your time off to do something constructive such as attending a Trump rally; I hear they'll have a break out session where they instruct rally-goesrs how to build and operate a gallows.

Actually one of the break out sessions focused on getting facts correct.
You should have attended, it clearly would have been beneficial.
Pretty embarrassing, but you keep exercising that bright legal mind.
LMAO
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288