Ukraine conflict

April 14th, 2023 at 3:18:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Sure enough, according to a whistleblower Insider Russia is kicking the bejesus out of Ukraine. Seven Ukraine losses for every Russian loss.

FAKE NEWS

Tucker reported this last night on his propaganda hour. It is NOT TRUE. Nowhere in the leaked docs does it say this.

In fact:

Quote:
The actual US intelligence estimate in the docs is that Russia has had as many as 43,000 KIA, while Ukraine has had as many as 17,500 KIA. But that estimate wouldn't serve Tucker's goal of convincing his audience that Ukraine is doomed, so he fed his audience the lie instead.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 14th, 2023 at 4:05:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Somebody connected with the American Military

Did you actually look at the documents? There are two of the "same" document where the numbers were changed. I don't know if the Russians changed it or the Americans did. My money would be on the Russians.

I find this war fascinating. I probably spend close to two hours a day reading everything I can on it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 18th, 2023 at 8:39:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
pro-Putin social media star who purports to be a Russian Jew living in Ukraine has been unmasked an American divorcee from New Jersey.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pro-russian-social-media-star-donbas-devushka-unmasked-as-former-us-navy-sailor/ar-AA19ZPkv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3032e73bd38a4d8a910d9acd4ba493c0&ei=23
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2023 at 5:30:02 AM permalink
DRich
I expect the big Ukraine push to start this week. I look forward to seeing how it plays out and what kind of progress they will make by the end of May.

I don't know if they will be able to expel Russia from Crimea but I expect they will take back all of the Eastern territories.
April 21st, 2023 at 5:47:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I read Putin actually went to Ukraine to show support for his mission. I am surprised Ukraine does not have the capability to mount an attack in the Ukraine. Russia must have FIRM control over that area, right?
April 21st, 2023 at 6:05:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I read Putin actually went to Ukraine to show support for his mission. I am surprised Ukraine does not have the capability to mount an attack in the Ukraine. Russia must have FIRM control over that area, right?

They could get lucky and hit in the place where he is at the time but I doubt if we know where he is very often. And how long does it take to do a short talk and photo op? Not long, I expect. We don't see news of it until he is gone or moved somewhere else, I would think.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2023 at 6:33:12 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO

What I read was that he was about 150 miles from the front and most Ukraine weapons do not have that range even if they know where he is.
April 24th, 2023 at 10:01:33 AM permalink
rxwine
I know this is about the last thing anyone is concerned about, but the US military is gaining a wealth of information about fighting a larger power like Russia and how things stack up. Of course, Russia is gaining information too. But it’s not so theoretical now.

With any luck maybe we will at least learn to avoid situations where we do it in the future. Better result would be to see Putin deposed and maybe a better replacement. That’s always a big “if” and could be worse even.
April 26th, 2023 at 3:05:27 PM permalink
DRich
Ukraine is having unusually heavy rains late into April this year. My guess is that is why the Ukraine counteroffensive has been held off. It may be two or three weeks before it begins to dry up.
May 17th, 2023 at 12:07:31 PM permalink
DRich
Today it has been one year since Russia attacked Bahkmut. Amazing that the Ukranians have held it this long since Russia put so much effort into it.

My guess is that the Ukrainian offensive this week in Bahkmut is just a feint so Russia commits more troops to it and pulls them away from where the near term counteroffensive is going to happen.