Black vs Asian Violence

Page 2 of 2<12
March 23rd, 2022 at 7:52:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler

As for a huge rise on hate crimes against Asians, we really need to wait for 2020 stats (since I think that is where it often gets labeled as the worst).

Funny thing is, no one records what the perpetrator actually said was the reason. I know not everyone confesses to a crime even when convicted but when they do, they often will say why they did it. Even serial killers, once confessing will give some reasons.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2022 at 8:08:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Vancouver has had a large uptick in crimes against Asians during the pandemic. This uptick is acknowledged by the city and police and reported on by the MSM. I am not aware of these attacks being blamed on any other racial group.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 23rd, 2022 at 9:56:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Funny thing is, no one records what the perpetrator actually said was the reason. I know not everyone confesses to a crime even when convicted but when they do, they often will say why they did it. Even serial killers, once confessing will give some reasons.

Well you could go through each stat, look up the case, pull the Court file (public records) and file an open records request with the arresting department for police reports and interviews on the arrest. And, then you can see what the offender told the police, and what the Court was willing to accept.

This would be a massive amount of work. It's easier to just accept the decision that it's a hate crime if ruled so and acknowledged by FBI hate crime team.
March 23rd, 2022 at 11:34:39 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: odiousgambit
...... Violence is up generally.
Why is violence up?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 23rd, 2022 at 12:06:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Maybe the attacks are instinctive, you know, like how a lion will instinctively respond to signs of obvious weakness and attack an injured prey.

To a drug-addled black loser a small, solitary Asian lady must look inviting, and maybe for just one moment the predator can overcome the stigma of being black in America, i.e. it could also be "a feel good crime."
March 23rd, 2022 at 2:34:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: missedhervee
Maybe the attacks are instinctive, you know, like how a lion will instinctively respond to signs of obvious weakness and attack an injured prey.
Do you mean like maybe they are teaching their offspring how to hunt?

Quote:
To a drug-addled black loser a small, solitary Asian lady must look inviting, and maybe for just one moment the predator can overcome the stigma of being black in America, i.e. it could also be "a feel good crime."
May have picked that thinking up in prison, like basketball or some other sport. "Kick an Asian down" or some such?
March 24th, 2022 at 6:05:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: petroglyph
Why is violence up?
a number of reasons I'd guess, but the one that grates is the idea that low level crime shouldn't even be much addressed. That's the case with some of these places with new Woke-thinking prosecutors; and new laws raising the dollar amount for felony theft. Places are cited for having revolving door arrests because the concept of bail is unfair to poor people. All this leniency causes an escalation in crime generally and on into more violence I think
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 24th, 2022 at 10:27:12 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
OK, give an offender only "one bite of the apple:" allow an initial ROR (release on their own recognizance, i.e. no bail) and if they honor it and make all court hearings then consider them eligible for ROR if they reoffend in the future, but if they screw up then BAIL ONLY for a future offense.

We just need to build more jails, or change our laws; this "capture and release" is a bit of a mockery.
March 24th, 2022 at 11:25:37 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Criminals who shoot people in NYC are released without bail, no matter how many priors they have.

This useless POS with fifty priors, was still on the streets and carrying again, despite three arrests in the past twelve months for illegal possession of a firearm and a non-fatal shooting.

He was arrested again a few days ago for possession of an illegal firearm, and is most likely back on the streets.

The useless Governor, pandering for black votes has resisted changes to the law, but a few days ago she suggested a few meaningless changes, hoping to silence her critics.

Despite the massive increase in violent crimes in their neighborhoods, blacks began protesting against the governor's suggested changes, the same day.

Something about too many incarcerated blacks.
March 24th, 2022 at 12:25:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Tanko
Criminals who shoot people in NYC are released without bail, no matter how many priors they have.

This useless POS with fifty priors, was still on the streets and carrying again, despite three arrests in the past twelve months for illegal possession of a firearm and a non-fatal shooting.

He was arrested again a few days ago for possession of an illegal firearm, and is most likely back on the streets.

The useless Governor, pandering for black votes has resisted changes to the law, but a few days ago she suggested a few meaningless changes, hoping to silence her critics.

Despite the massive increase in violent crimes in their neighborhoods, blacks began protesting against the governor's suggested changes, the same day.

Something about too many incarcerated blacks.
I don't know how they even get up and go in to work. What a morale killer.
Page 2 of 2<12