Should Leslie Van Houten be granted Parole?

Page 1 of 212>
May 8th, 2022 at 8:51:36 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Leslie Van Houten committed at least two Murders in 1969 under the influence of Charles Manson and drugs when she was 19. She has been incarcerated ever since 1969 or 1970. Her Parole has been denied multiple times despite Officials pointing out she has shown deep remorse over the murders and is a model prisoner. But other Officials are like,"It's great she's shown remorse for the Murders, but she shouldn't have done them in the first place. The officials said they felt if she is released, she might murder more people. I find this highly unlikely she will murder more people if released. She's 72, she was a young 19 year old, was on drugs, and influenced by Charles Manson and showed remorse over the Murders, and has been a good Prisoner.. She should be released. It would be a completely different story if she never showed any remorse and was like,"I stand by my Murders and would do them all over again if I could. Those People had it coming."
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 8th, 2022 at 8:53:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
People who commit multiple murders because they were an airhead under the influence of a nutcase should not be granted parole. What happens if she gets out? She cannot support herself. She is not vested in Social Security.
The President is a fink.
May 8th, 2022 at 9:49:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
"Under the influence of Charles Manson and Drugs" What does that matter? Her attorney should have plead the insanity defense for her if she was in such a condition that she could not control herself at that stage in her life.

If being on drugs at 19 and killing people is a defense, a lot of gangbangers will be given leniency, almost all of them are on drugs and influenced by older people? Where do you draw the line?

She should have been executed already, she got lucky and the California Supreme Court took away the death penalty for the State in the 1970s before they made it to her. So if anything she should be grateful that she is still alive and stop complaining. I have zero sympathy, keep her in jail.

People who were sentenced to death should not be eligible for parole just because the death penalty was later removed from the State.... They should just be able to live their life in prison, as they were never meant to be let out into society again.
May 8th, 2022 at 10:21:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I might let her out...

...to work in a field all day picking fruit with a ball and chain on her leg. She's pretty old and probably can't run too fast even if she got loose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 8th, 2022 at 10:26:18 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: Gandler
"Under the influence of Charles Manson and Drugs" What does that matter? Her attorney should have plead the insanity defense for her if she was in such a condition that she could not control herself at that stage in her life.

If being on drugs at 19 and killing people is a defense, a lot of gangbangers will be given leniency, almost all of them are on drugs and influenced by older people? Where do you draw the line?

She should have been executed already, she got lucky and the California Supreme Court took away the death penalty for the State in the 1970s before they made it to her. So if anything she should be grateful that she is still alive and stop complaining. I have zero sympathy, keep her in jail.

People who were sentenced to death should not be eligible for parole just because the death penalty was later removed from the State.... They should just be able to live their life in prison, as they were never meant to be let out into society again.

She has shown remorse over the Murders.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 8th, 2022 at 10:54:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Riverjordan
She has shown remorse over the Murders.

I just don't see how that is relevant. Everyone is remorseful when caught.

Would she be remorseful at 72 if she escaped into the ether in 1969 and just went on with her life?
May 8th, 2022 at 11:08:50 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: Gandler
I just don't see how that is relevant. Everyone is remorseful when caught.

Would she be remorseful at 72 if she escaped into the ether in 1969 and just went on with her life?

She might have still been remorseful if she had gotten away with the murders after she got off drugs and escaped Charles Manson's influence. In an example of remorse without getting caught, a dine and dasher got away scot free and was laughing as he drove home, but at home, he thought,"Damn, I didn't screw over a big Corporation, I screwed over a human being who works hard for his money and was an excellent Waiter to me and didn't deserve for me to screw him over. I felt like crap and went back to the Restaurant and paid my bill and left a big tip." So I don't know if she would have felt remorse if she didn't get caught. She might have like the dine and dasher who was laughing and then later felt bad and paid and left a huge tip.
May 8th, 2022 at 11:47:59 AM permalink
Gandler
She might have still been remorseful if she had gotten away with the murders after she got off drugs and escaped Charles Manson's influence. In an example of remorse without getting caught, a dine and dasher got away scot free and was laughing as he drove home, but at home, he thought,"Damn, I didn't screw over a big Corporation, I screwed over a human being who works hard for his money and was an excellent Waiter to me and didn't deserve for me to screw him over. I felt like crap and went back to the Restaurant and paid my bill and left a big tip." So I don't know if she would have felt remorse if she didn't get caught. She might have like the dine and dasher who was laughing and then later felt bad and paid and left a huge tip.

Yeah the difference is one is permanent, losing money is not the same as losing your life. You can always go back and repay something, death is permanent.
May 8th, 2022 at 12:02:46 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Free Leslie Van Houten!
May 8th, 2022 at 12:08:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

She did not show remorse during the trial
Quite the opposite
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 212>