Should Leslie Van Houten be granted Parole?

Page 2 of 2<12
May 8th, 2022 at 12:14:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
We are doing the prison thing all wrong and have for ever.

What about using psychology to try to change prisoners from the dark side to the light?

Surely our knowledge of the human mind has advanced in leaps and bounds since "the Ludovico technique" was employed in "Clockwork Orange:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4woPg0-xyAA&t=123s

Hello behavioral modification therapy.
May 8th, 2022 at 12:48:28 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
She did not show remorse during the trial
Quite the opposite

During her trial, she would have only been around 20 and the seriousness of her murdering the Couple wouldn't have really hit her yet. Susan Smith was 23 when she murdered her babies and was smiling the last time she was publicly seen after receiving the life in prison with a chance of parole after 30 years. Susan who is now in her 50's has shown remorse over killing her babies.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 12th, 2023 at 4:15:16 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Leslie Van Houten was released yesterday, but she was released into a transitional facility. She's going to have one hell of a culture shock! She's been in prison for 53 years, can you imagine? When she went in in 1969/1970, landlines were the only phones available, TVs were extremely small, woke culture didn't exist yet, there was no modern social media, etc. A lot of people are furious that she was released, and quite a few people were like,"When do the people she killed/helped kill come back to life?" I do fully stand by my conviction(No pun intended) that Leslie deserved parole. She's not an easily influenced young 19 year old anymore and has shown remorse over the murders.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 14th, 2023 at 7:30:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
If we assume that she's not an actual threat to society, then what are her plans should she secure full release? Does she have somewhere to live lined up?

She obviously should have been executed in the first place, but now it's just a question of cost. Which way is cheaper?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 14th, 2023 at 9:59:51 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: Mission146
If we assume that she's not an actual threat to society, then what are her plans should she secure full release? Does she have somewhere to live lined up?

She obviously should have been executed in the first place, but now it's just a question of cost. Which way is cheaper?

On YouTube, Posters surmised that Leslie might have a lot of Fans that will let her live in their house. A LOT of people are drawn to Notorious People such as Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Susan Smith, Jack The Ripper, etc. So, the Youtube Posters surmised that Leslie has a lot of Fans who are fascinated by her 1969 Murders and would gladly let her stay with them....
July 14th, 2023 at 10:02:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Riverjordan
On YouTube, Posters surmised that Leslie might have a lot of Fans that will let her live in their house. A LOT of people are drawn to Notorious People such as Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Susan Smith, Jack The Ripper, etc. So, the Youtube Posters surmised that Leslie has a lot of Fans who are fascinated by her 1969 Murders and would gladly let her stay with them....

That would cost only what people are willingly paying, so that's going to be a net cost savings relative to keeping her in jail.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 14th, 2023 at 10:06:23 AM permalink
Riverjordan
That would cost only what people are willingly paying, so that's going to be a net cost savings relative to keeping her in jail.

Wouldn't it be free if the Fans are allowing her to live in their house? Like say a Daughter who has just been released from Prison and knocks on her Mom and Dad's house for shelter and they let her live with her. The Fans wouldn't be paying to let Leslie live with her.
July 14th, 2023 at 10:35:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Riverjordan
Wouldn't it be free if the Fans are allowing her to live in their house? Like say a Daughter who has just been released from Prison and knocks on her Mom and Dad's house for shelter and they let her live with her. The Fans wouldn't be paying to let Leslie live with her.

The fans would certainly be paying for her to live there; that's what I mean by willingly paying.
July 14th, 2023 at 11:27:42 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
How can I contact her?

I've a short list of people who irk me that I want her to whack.

Ability + Effort = Actualization
July 14th, 2023 at 1:31:08 PM permalink
Riverjordan
The fans would certainly be paying for her to live there; that's what I mean by willingly paying.

They would just have to pay for her food, drinks, toiletries etc. She'd be like an out of town friend visiting as a guest or something like that....
Page 2 of 2<12