The Original Twilight Zone Show Appreciation Thread!

Page 2 of 2<12
July 22nd, 2022 at 3:21:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I liked the one where they sent 2 astronauts to Mars, ship crashes and only one survives. The martians find him and promise to show him their cities and how they live. (Somehow they spoke English on Mars.)

They have made a home for him as close to what they know he lives in on Earth as they can. They tell him to relax, much to see, but later. He is even trying to pick up on one of the female Martians.

Soon he realizes there are no actual windows and the doors are locked. Then a big curtain opens and lots of Martians are staring at him, behind bars. He then realizes he is in a zoo and will be for the rest of his life.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2022 at 4:30:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
when I heard a couple of people agree they liked "the outer limits" I was flabbergasted , as I had watched a few episodes and they were always extremely disappointing. But I only knew of the 1963 version, I didn't know there was a 1995 version [I was experimenting with living without having a TV in those days]

The '63 version had uninteresting plots compared to the TZ, and the special effects were especially awful, just dreadfully bad
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 22nd, 2022 at 5:23:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
when I heard a couple of people agree they liked "the outer limits" I was flabbergasted , as I had watched a few episodes and they were always extremely disappointing. But I only knew of the 1963 version, I didn't know there was a 1995 version [I was experimenting with living without having a TV in those days]

The '63 version had uninteresting plots compared to the TZ, and the special effects were especially awful, just dreadfully bad

It was the opening that was freaky. Especially if you're a young kid sitting in your living room in the afternoon not really paying attention when that show starts for the first time. Your TV starts talking to you... Just sayin'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 22nd, 2022 at 6:44:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
TZ was good, but so was OL.

Who can forget "Zanti Misfits?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J6MRDBifII
just watched it, this was from the 60s ... about the only good episode. Still, the special effects were awful here, using a cartoon face. really?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 2<12