No votes (0%)
2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 3rd, 2024 at 7:39:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
While I would never deny Trump made money, I am much more nervous about a guy who spent his whole life creating such a high degree of success, and almost nothing of failure. Who is so adverse to admitting failure he tries to destroy those who try to shine the light on it.

I never would give power to anyone like that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 3rd, 2024 at 7:43:59 AM permalink
rxwine
I observed how he handled the loss of his reelection. Awful. I don't worry so much about him if everything goes smoothly.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 3rd, 2024 at 7:48:20 AM permalink
rxwine
And then there is stuff like this;

March 3rd, 2024 at 7:51:04 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
While I would never deny Trump made money, I am much more nervous about guy who spent his whole life creating such a high degree of success, and almost nothing of failure. Who is so adverse to admitting failure he tries to destroy those who try to shine the light on it.

I never would give power to anyone like that.

Isn't it something that President Biden is like that? He wants you to think he is a humble servant with transparency beyond anything we have seen, but he is less transparent than a concrete block wall and he takes ownership of none of the extra hell he is brought on. None of it. He actually believe he has done a great job!

He is a lot more like the last President than the one before that.

Neither owns up to anything and blames anyone else they can think of for the things they have done wrong.
March 3rd, 2024 at 8:05:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Isn't it something that President Biden is like that? He wants you to think he is a humble servant with transparency beyond anything we have seen, but he is less transparent than a concrete block wall and he takes ownership of none of the extra hell he is brought on. None of it. He actually believe he has done a great job!

He is a lot more like the last President than the one before that.

Neither owns up to anything and blames anyone else they can think of for the things they have done wrong.

All the anti-biden people have been able to do is only suggest he uses the justice dept to attack detractors, not prove that he did anything like that. Trump tacitly tries to destroy his critics, the press, the justice dept, the FBI, and the election process and does as little as possible to dissuades his most fervent supporters to actually "stand back." And he praises dictators.
March 3rd, 2024 at 8:10:25 AM permalink
rxwine
You have to really have the blinders on to not see how many former "insiders" have turned on Trump. Biden? No comparison. I guess that means that Biden only works with people so corrupt they never betray him, and Honest Abe Trump is constantly surrounded by traitors. Trump., pure as white snow, I guess.
March 3rd, 2024 at 8:27:15 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
Trump needs to sacrifice himself by paying down the debt.

The only way to pay down the debt is to increase tax revenues. Cutting social programs can kill people and destroy the quality of life for millions of Americans.

The current administration is trying to increase tax revenues by bringing in more than four million illegals every year at the expense of local governments and quality of life and standard of living for the middle and lower classes.

The number of US born people working today is lower than it was in 2019.

'US-born employment is lower now than it was in January of 2020. Foreign-born workers make up over 100 percent of the employment gains.'

March 3rd, 2024 at 8:39:36 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"Analysis from Decision Desk HQ based on polling across the country predicts that Trump, the expected 2024 Republican presidential nominee, will win a total of 312 Electoral votes in November, the biggest number a GOP candidate has received since George H. W. Bush's 1988 victory when he received 426 votes."

The quote is from that far right source Newsweek.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 3rd, 2024 at 8:55:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
You have to really have the blinders on to not see how many former "insiders" have turned on Trump. Biden? No comparison. I guess that means that Biden only works with people so corrupt they never betray him, and Honest Abe Trump is constantly surrounded by traitors. Trump., pure as white snow, I guess.

I was focused on things other than court cases because the two have a lot in common.

Neither can admit a mistake.

Both got rich selling their name.

Both blame others for things they have not done well.

I don't think either of them is as pure as white snow but only one of them had that found in his White House...so...

We hear about the court cases pretty much 24/7; do we need to rehash them every minute? My opinion on them is that they should have gone after him on the most severe charges and left the other stuff alone for now. I think he stands a fair chance of the the large judgement overturned but he'll probably defame what's her name enough in the course of appeals and such to get her awarded that money. I also think there is a decent chance he gets convicted of something.
March 3rd, 2024 at 9:20:23 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: RonC

The one good thing about Trump is, in spite of those who seem to be in lockstep with him, he is the one and only Trump.

Overall, I am much less concerned about the person who becomes President--they have a set time limit--than I am about the huge failing of our Congress. They are so focused on being important that they forget how important they truly are. Their inability to be a true deliberative body is ridiculous

Your congress is supposed to manage your country in your people's interest. They seem hell bent on obstructing 'the other party' for the sake of it. How many times must your nation close down because congress would rather go on vacation than make bipartisan deals?

In times where decisive ( and appropriate ) action might be needed: E.g. Nuclear threats, Red Sea blockades, Your nation might be found wanting. drumpf would probably side with his buddy Putin, or Xi while congress would dither. In the Russian Empire, Putin might pretty much unilaterally launch WW3 while the West, supposedly led by the US always seems to need to debate and dither. Not much better in the UN or Europe. Then we get vetoes and obstruction by a bunch of senators or congressmen who will veto anything unless they get support for their unrelated hobby horse.

Yet, I will not trust the stats coming out of the Trump administration after all the new appointments and firings. Because I don't trust the people that will be working for him to tell the truth under him. Give it about 6 months to 2 years for him to extablish enough lackey controls.

UK Gov also massages the stats. Not out and out lies, but shall we say 'moving the goalposts' We don't usually get out and out lies, which I'm afraid i would expect under a drumpf administration. Didn't drumpf once say "7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday.Real unemployment is at least 15%". So, out of power, he made the numbers up off the top of his head. Surely he would do so if in office and his cronies would find a way to support his lie.