2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

July 25th, 2022 at 7:22:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
This thread is for discussion the general election 2024. To get the conversation started, here are the offshore odds on the party to win, as of July 25, 2022:

European odds:
Dem: 2.140
Rep: 1.746
All other: 28.130

American odds:
Dem: +114
Rep: -134
All other: +2713

If we tease out the juice, here are the probabilities of each party winning:

Dem: 43.45%
Rep: 53.25%
All other: 3.31%

The question for the poll is who do you want and predict will win?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 25th, 2022 at 7:48:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Want Dem predict Dem.

Donny is damaged goods. He will destroy anyone who beats him to the GOP nomination or just lose to the Dem again in 2024.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2022 at 3:22:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Obviously I want the GOP candidate to win. As to predictions, much depends on who they run. If they run a McCain type RINO I will not vote for them. I am done just voting for who they put up. If they put up that type it is clear they want to lose so I will let them.

If the Dems run Biden they probably get flattened. We are so tracking the 70s, well with the exception of not having the good music of the 70s (excluding disco.) High inflation, Russia on the march, coming off a POTUS the Democrats hated enough to impeach, and larger generation coming into their 30s than the generation in their 50s.

Polling indicates Hispanics are drifting to the GOP. They do not like the Democrat Party message of "VOTE FOR US, WE LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND ABORTION!" They do not want males in the same dressing and bathrooms as their daughters. And they are not liking the "If you do not vote Democrat you are not brown!" attitude.

The Democrat Party wrote off the white vote about 10 years ago. The problem they left for themselves is every other ethnic group has to give them massive support to win. It is why Hillary lost. And hispanics do not seem to be following the bloc voting pattern of blacks and to a lesser extent Jews. They are more acting like whites, or put another way voting their individual vs. group interests.

But again it comes down to who the GOP puts up. Trump gets it if he wants it. He delivers energy to the thing like nobody else. He may not want the hassle though. The rest of the field we do not know. And there is nobody who's "turn it is" like in years past. Thus I will wait for the messenger. That will determine if I vote for them.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2022 at 4:32:24 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm not party affiliated so I need to know the candidates.

I don't want Trump to run again but might vote for him a 3rd time depending on the Dem candidate. Harris, for example, I could never vote for.

I did vote want Rep. predicts Rep., but needed Independent predicts Rep.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 26th, 2022 at 11:20:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Scott Adams is furious. He's been saying for months that we should not elect Donald Trump to a second term because number one is too old and number 2 he devides the country too much even if he does a great job. Adams is angry because this stupid sham hoax January 6th trial is almost guaranteeing that Trump will be re-elected. He is frothing at the mouth at the incompetence stupidity of the Democrats for exonerating Trump. He says if they had just left it alone and let people think Trump did something wrong on January 6th he probably would not get reelected. But no, they had to go and show beyond a shadow of a doubt Trump is innocent of all charges. What a bunch of mouth-breathing morons.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 26th, 2022 at 11:28:33 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Scott Adams is furious. He's been saying for months that we should not elect Donald Trump to a second term because number one is too old and number 2 he devides the country too much even if he does a great job. Adams is angry because this stupid sham hoax January 6th trial is almost guaranteeing that Trump will be re-elected. He is frothing at the mouth at the incompetence stupidity of the Democrats for exonerating Trump. He says if they had just left it alone and let people think Trump did something wrong on January 6th he probably would not get reelected. But no, they had to go and show beyond a shadow of a doubt Trump is innocent of all charges. What a bunch of mouth-breathing morons.

Wow, Scott Adams really is dumber than we originally thought!
July 26th, 2022 at 11:55:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Is Scott Adams taking acid???????????????
Talk about off your rocker
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 26th, 2022 at 11:55:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Obviously he didn't watch the hearings.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 26th, 2022 at 12:45:34 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
Obviously he didn't watch the hearings.

The more the righties pretend the hearings have had no impact on anything, the more we know how devastating they’ve been for Donny.
July 26th, 2022 at 1:46:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I didn't read either one of the replies on the two people I have blocked but Scott also said if you say this to a Democrat be prepared for their head to explode right in front of you. I can only assume that's what happened with those who people who just posted after I did. Fox News has been saying Trump's been exonerated since last Friday. Mark Levin said it over the weekend. When you listen to them lay it out point-by-point it's obvious that Trump has been exonerated. And thanks to this January 6th committee he will win 2024 and he couldn't have done it without this committee.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 1761234>Last »