When will you be completely comfortable living like it's 2019 again Covid wise?

Page 2 of 2<12
August 8th, 2022 at 2:29:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Why would you, or anyone for that matter, bother them about it?

Sadly, many idiots do.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 8th, 2022 at 3:24:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
I have been living a life like Covid is over since May of 2021, post 2nd Shot.
But that doesn't mean the government & other misguided private entities were about to let us get back to normal.
I went to Europe for two weeks in Fall of 2021.
Sweden/Denmark was wide open upon arrival, no masks, it was fantastic!
London had mask requirements, but lots of folks on the Underground not complying.
"Mind the Gap" & put on your mask. A lot of Londoners were paying equal attention to both those messages.
Paid $200 for my multiple UK tests before boarding a plane & returning to the US.
They did have convenient store fronts administering them, but not really something you wanted to fit into your schedule.
And yes, I had to wear a mask on both Trans-Atlantic Flights. At least the lay flat seats made it reasonably comfortable.

I finally contracted Covid BA.4 or BA.5 just over a month ago according to home tests, I am single boosted.
Covid was a light cold for me. No Fever, some fatigue for 2 days & a minor cough. Tested positive for days with no symptoms.
It was like every other Chinese made product that came before it, cheaply made & didn't last long!
No more boosters for me, these days I trust my natural immunity more than Dr. Fauchi & the CDC.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 8th, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Its possible. I think I have a pretty good immune system, as an adult (at least 21+), I don't think I have ever been sick. I have always hated the feeling of being sick, the Flu was one of the worst things for me when younger, this is why I don't mind getting Flu shots once a year and being very safe.

But, the strange thing is I have not had a dangerous symptom (breathing issues, dangerous heart rate, chest pains, coughs, overly high temp, etc....), its just been a matter of feeling super crappy (extremely congested, headaches, no taste, no appetite, etc...). Could I have been one of those really bad ones if unvaccinated? Its possible. But, its also likely I had COVID at least once before and never noticed based on past antibody tests, so why so much worse now? Who knows.

Your immune system can actually be the cause of being really sick. That's actually the reasoning behind why the 1918 flu killed so many younger people.

Normally the immune system fights off foreign invaders. And you can get really sick or die if it does a poor job. On the other end, some people's immune system can overreact to certain diseases or substances. It ends up destroying the body in attempt to destroy the invaders. Immune systems are individual enough that they aren't 100% predictable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 11th, 2022 at 6:16:51 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Your immune system can actually be the cause of being really sick. That's actually the reasoning behind why the 1918 flu killed so many younger people.

Normally the immune system fights off foreign invaders. And you can get really sick or die if it does a poor job. On the other end, some people's immune system can overreact to certain diseases or substances. It ends up destroying the body in attempt to destroy the invaders. Immune systems are individual enough that they aren't 100% predictable.

It's pretty sad that as advanced we were in 2020 we reacted basically the same way the 1918 People acted with the 1918 Flu. You'd think 102 years later we'd behave much more maturely than the 1918 people who were far less advanced than we were.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
Page 2 of 2<12