2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

April 9th, 2024 at 12:40:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
"Unafraid of death" seems to be a much different issue than killing a being that has no say in the process or how he/she/him/her/they/them feels about it.

You didn't notice why I said they were unafraid. Antiabortion people like to claim it's awful to die. Seems like it might not be if these near death expeiences are in any way accurate.

Quote:
I am a lot less afraid of death now than I was years ago...yet I hope the child my DIL lost last year in mid-pregnancy did not suffer in any way.

Why does any male who is for abortion have a right to say anything about it when pro-abortion females say that males who are anti-abortion should not say anything? Should all males be silent on the issue either way?

Who cares if anyone says anything about it. It's about whether you're deciding the issue for someone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2024 at 12:47:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Most people will agree that enduring a long process of death like cancer is not at all enjoyable. But that's not death itself.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2024 at 1:22:41 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
You didn't notice why I said they were unafraid. Antiabortion people like to claim it's awful to die. Seems like it might not be if these near death expeiences are in any way accurate.

I did see that; I have talked to several people who had "near death" experiences. I have no idea if they are real or if they are something the mind triggers in order to deal with the nearness to death. My wife was underwater and possibly knocked out for a bit and says that she saw a bright light and her dad who told her that it wasn't her time. Who an I to really know what happened.

It seems like being poked in the head with scissors might not be a painless thing. Or being sucked out of the womb with a vacuum.

Unless we feel it ourselves, how can you or I know?

Quote: rxwine
Who cares if anyone says anything about it. It's about whether you're deciding the issue for someone else.

The person having the abortion is deciding the issue for someone else.
April 9th, 2024 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
rxwine
I did see that; I have talked to several people who had "near death" experiences. I have no idea if they are real or if they are something the mind triggers in order to deal with the nearness to death. My wife was underwater and possibly knocked out for a bit and says that she saw a bright light and her dad who told her that it wasn't her time. Who an I to really know what happened.

It seems like being poked in the head with scissors might not be a painless thing. Or being sucked out of the womb with a vacuum.

Unless we feel it ourselves, how can you or I know?

I know when I stub my toe or hit my shin hard it actually hurts like the devil. Yet when I went down on a motorcycle and broke my arm and shoulder instantly, it didn’t start bothering me until later. Only other severe accident i had, same thing. Didn’t bother me until I got to hospital.

Quote:

If you believe that, charge them with murder and throw them in jail for years. That’s what you do to baby killers right? You even execute them.

Don’t just agree to a minor penalty for illegal abortion.

I overuse these examples, but feel like I have to, to make a point. If I steal $10 from you that you were going to invest for the next 40 years, do you get to ask me to compensate you for the potential 40 year investment? Or, if I cut down your oak tree, versus crushing an acorn crossing your yard, will you charge me the price of the hundred year oak for crushing acorn. That was a potential valuable tree.

If I run into a another car in a minor accident and woman in the car has a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnancy do I want to face a manslaughter charge and be sued just like I killed her 5 year old kid. Sure don’t. Not for a few ounces of human which can’t even survive outside the womb with medical science.
April 9th, 2024 at 1:58:18 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0

The person having the abortion is the only person who has that right, or at least should be.
Page 51 of 51« First<48495051