1 vote (25%)
2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

August 26th, 2022 at 6:00:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I realized we don’t have a specific thread for the 2022 midterms.

What was once looking like an absolute catastrophe for the Dems, now…. doesn’t. Thanks to the 6-3 SCOTUS, women are massively outregistering men to vote in states where abortion is on shaky ground.

Dems have been over performing in recent special elections - not indicative of a red wave.

Question for the poll: what do you think the outcome will be? (Not what do you want it to be)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 28th, 2022 at 4:42:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-backed-arizona-senate-candidate-014327816.html
Trump-backed Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters scrubs website of extreme anti-abortion stance as GOP frets over impact of Roe reversal on the midterms

Yea, that will work. Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 28th, 2022 at 8:05:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Newsweek: Democrats Beat GOP for Control of Congress by Slim Margin: Polling Average.
https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-beat-gop-control-congress-slim-margin-polling-average-1737567

This margin may get bigger as we will soon see ads painting Republicans as abortion extremists.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 28th, 2022 at 9:08:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A once-bullish GOP now sees a smaller House majority in its future, presenting a challenge to McCarthy

Quote:
Last year, McCarthy bullishly predicted a 60-seat gain, a landslide that would give them a comfortable majority in a chamber where Republicans only need a net gain of four seats to take back power. But now, Republican sources believe that a gain of 15-30 seats is more likely, and they are not ruling out the possibility of a gain in the single digits, a thin majority that would almost certainly give McCarthy headaches.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 28th, 2022 at 8:03:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

It is really amazing that the Republicans seem to be trying as hard as possible to not retake the Congress. Walker in Georgia might have been the only potential Republican candidate so weak that lefty Warnock will crush him. In Georgia! And any non Oz candidate in Pa would have been able to capitalize on Fetterman’s political and personal weaknesses. Those were two REALLY winnable races that the Republicans have pissed away.

The country will continue to be ruined by Democrat leadership because stupid Republicans think sort of limiting abortions in some states is more important than taking back leadership of both houses. I’m trying to think of something I could care less about than some woman I don’t know getting an abortion!
August 29th, 2022 at 6:07:09 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
The sign placement is horrible. I read it as ,"NO," as first until I saw Dr. Oz. And then saw the sign as ,"OZ."
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 29th, 2022 at 6:31:43 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Looking worse by the day for the Republicans. They destroyed their party over the abortion issue, and now even the Catholic church is pro-choice.

'Vatican Chief Praises Italy’s Law Legalizing Abortion as a ‘Pillar of Society’
August 29th, 2022 at 10:44:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
When Norma McCorvey, the anonymous plaintiff in the landmark Roe vs. Wade case, came out against abortion in 1995, it stunned the world and represented a huge symbolic victory for abortion opponents: “Jane Roe” had gone to the other side. For the remainder of her life, McCorvey worked to overturn the law that bore her name.
But it was all a lie, McCorvey says in a documentary filmed in the months before her death in 2017, claiming she only did it because she was paid by antiabortion groups including Operation Rescue.

“I was the big fish. I think it was a mutual thing. I took their money and they’d put me out in front of the cameras and tell me what to say. That’s what I’d say,” she says in “AKA Jane Roe,” which premieres Friday on FX. “It was all an act. I did it well too. I am a good actress.”
In what she describes as a “deathbed confession,” a visibly ailing McCorvey restates her support for reproductive rights in colorful terms: “If a young woman wants to have an abortion, that’s no skin off my ass. That’s why they call it choice.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2022 at 12:03:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Lindsey Graham, the hack of all hacks, predicts there will be "rioting in the streets" if Trump is prosecuted.

Uh, no, not rioting...that'll be AOC and her crew dancing in the streets.
August 29th, 2022 at 1:01:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
Lindsey Graham, the hack of all hacks, predicts there will be "rioting in the streets" if Trump is prosecuted.

Uh, no, not rioting...that'll be AOC and her crew dancing in the streets.

As there should be. BLM rioted for a lot less legitimate reason than that.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 511234>Last »