Is A Red Wave or ROEvember Coming?

Page 1 of 3123>
November 4th, 2022 at 2:53:00 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
It is a given that the GOP takes control of both the House & the Senate next week.
If that isn't the outcome, I would say ROEvember came to fruition & I would have to tip my hat to AMS.
For me, a Red Wave would mean 2 of 3 of the following results on 11/8:

GOP controls of 240 or more House Seats; +40 Seats (current average is +32 on RCP)
GOP controls >52 Senate Seats; meaning +3 Seats (that will require PA, GA, NV & AZ or NH)
GOP controls 30 or more Governor Mansions (going to have to win NY, MI or MN for this one, none will be easy)

Those are big hurdles but to be fair, if you are calling it a "Red Wave" there ought to be some big results.
The reality is we probably land between the ROEvember & Red Wave goal posts.
That is GOP controls both Houses, but not by the margins required for tsunami status & 29 or less Governorships.
That will mean ROEvember was washed away sometime in August & the Red Wave was more like a decent mid-term push back.
I'll take a result where GOP controls of both houses as a win as it sets up the 2024 Senate Map pretty favorably for the GOP.
That and when the Dems lose control of both Houses, the knives will come out for The Potted Plant.
They'll be some pruning before 2024, but they have no promising seedlings in the green house, so good luck with that.
There really is nothing like the Left eating their own after a defeat.
Or denying election results, isn't that right Stacy Abrams/Hillary Clinton?

Should be an entertaining Election Night, I think we will see Dem heads explode. But the real question is will Rachel cry again?
MSNBC is my coverage channel of choice as Steve Kornacki is the best in the Election Map Biz.
That and he rarely lets the leftist bias of the channel sway what the trends and maps are telling him.
Of course we won't get a lot of the results in close races "for several days"
You know, after the Dems find and add to the count the required "missing ballots"
#ElectionDenier #ThreatsToDemocracy #GOPAutocracy #VoterSuppression #JimCrow2.0 #RussianDisinformation
Let the excuses begin. LMAO.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 4th, 2022 at 3:19:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Neither, my guess is still that its going to be a small Republican majority in at least one house of congress. But, neither side is going to sweep it. One side will have a small majority in the Senate and/or house (I would guess its 1 and 1, but we will see).
November 8th, 2022 at 9:52:34 AM permalink
JCW09
Both House’s flip today, the only question is by how much.
November 8th, 2022 at 10:03:01 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Big day for the continuation of the “lesser of two evils” scam.

Oh wait this is the election that will save things.
November 8th, 2022 at 1:01:18 PM permalink
JCW09
C’Mon, you heard The House Plant
“Our very Democracy is on the ballot”
LMAO if that is your final appeal to American Voters.
November 9th, 2022 at 4:37:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Will jcw even post today?

So many of his stupid predictions went up in flames, and early in the night too!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 9th, 2022 at 4:56:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’d say the result is ROEvember. We will never know, but I’d guess Pennsylvania and Arizona and Georgia would have Republican Senators elect today had Roe not been overturned.
Probably a dozen more in the House as well.

I wish there was an over/under on how many useless House bills are passed, and the same for the Senate. At least with a Republican house, there is no longer a ‘President Manchin’, as even if he votes with the Repubs there is Biden who can seat him away now.

I try and figure out which party is stupider. This cycle the award has to go to the Republicans. Three words

Abortion
Walker
Oz
November 9th, 2022 at 5:23:51 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
I’d say the result is ROEvember. We will never know, but I’d guess Pennsylvania and Arizona and Georgia would have Republican Senators elect today had Roe not been overturned.
Probably a dozen more in the House as well.

Oz

It’s truly amazing how they read the room so badly to hand away control that was on a silver platter. Oz has to be one of the weakest candidates in history.

Third party Trump probably going to give old moldy Biden a second term when FatSantis probably otherwise destroys him assuming economy still not exactly ideal.
November 9th, 2022 at 5:37:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Fox News posted this on Truth Social:

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 9th, 2022 at 7:13:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Will jcw even post today?

So many of his stupid predictions went up in flames, and early in the night too!

Red puddle, he can jump up and down in it I suppose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 3123>