World Cup

Page 1 of 212>
November 22nd, 2022 at 4:29:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 74
What a great tournament
Woke up this am to watch Saudi Arabia beating Argentina
Wow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2022 at 7:28:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’ve watched a lot so far. Fun to bet on. I have 4 match parlay cooking with first 3 wins needing Belgium to beat Canada.

US was cruising until, how can I say this politely, US IDIOT just barrels into wales star Bale in the penalty area resulting in obvious penalty kick. Bale wasn’t even facing the goal when he got creamed. I just don’t understand how you can be a professional soccer player and not be able to control yourself when needed
November 24th, 2022 at 5:08:34 AM permalink
terapined
Rooting against Europe and South America
Rooting for everybody else
Rooting for upsets obviously
Best 2 games
Saudi Arabia beating Argentina
Japan beating Germany
Love the english terms such as "the equalizer"
Arabs going nuts over the win.
Too funny
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2022 at 7:03:00 AM permalink
terapined
Loving all the extra time tacked on
I always hated it when teams wasted time
Really enjoying nonstop 45 to 55 min action with no commercials
Watching just about all the games since I'm retired
Getting up around 6am every day
Loving the energetic crowds.
I've never watched so much soccer in my life
It is a beautiful game
November 28th, 2022 at 9:20:32 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 53
Quote: terapined
Loving all the extra time tacked on
I always hated it when teams wasted time
Really enjoying nonstop 45 to 55 min action with no commercials
Watching just about all the games since I'm retired
Getting up around 6am every day
Loving the energetic crowds.
I've never watched so much soccer in my life
It is a beautiful game

Sadly, I don't understand soccer. I occasionally try but since I didn't grow up with it I really don't know how it works. I need to watch some shows or series on soccer. I want to know why they are playing certain defenses at different times and how they draw up offensive plays. Basically, I need a beginner course on how to coach soccer so that I can start to understand it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 28th, 2022 at 9:52:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Sadly, I don't understand soccer. I occasionally try but since I didn't grow up with it I really don't know how it works. I need to watch some shows or series on soccer. I want to know why they are playing certain defenses at different times and how they draw up offensive plays. Basically, I need a beginner course on how to coach soccer so that I can start to understand it.

I think you need to see it live. I think it does not work for TV as too much offscreen happens.
The President is a fink.
November 28th, 2022 at 10:31:10 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
I think you need to see it live. I think it does not work for TV as too much offscreen happens.

I believe that. I don't think American football can be truly understood unless you see all the players too. If you are just showing me the QB, running back and receivers you will never understand how Cover-2 defense works and the responsibility of the safeties on different routes.
November 29th, 2022 at 8:10:25 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I believe that. I don't think American football can be truly understood unless you see all the players too. If you are just showing me the QB, running back and receivers you will never understand how Cover-2 defense works and the responsibility of the safeties on different routes.

True, but they sometimes have time between plays to show you a replay of what happened in the secondary.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
November 29th, 2022 at 9:24:40 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: JimRockford
True, but they sometimes have time between plays to show you a replay of what happened in the secondary.

Yes, but sadly they rarely do. I would rather watch the overhead skycam for all plays so I can see what all 22 players are doing on each play.
November 29th, 2022 at 10:28:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Yes, but sadly they rarely do. I would rather watch the overhead skycam for all plays so I can see what all 22 players are doing on each play.

This is a big advantage of actually going to the game!
Page 1 of 212>