The Biden Presidency 2023

August 17th, 2023 at 7:18:56 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Supposedly a pseudonym for the Godfather of the Crime Family.

--------------------

Robert L. Peters

--------------------
August 17th, 2023 at 7:34:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
They knew about the pseudonyms of the Godfather a couple of years ago.

Federal records' law.

A legal "obligation".

But I think the precedent has already been set with Hillary's private email server.

In other words, it's not OK to communicate on behalf of the government privately but they won't press charges if you're on a different justice tier.

----------------------

Veep Joe Biden skirted ‘no see’ mail law with private accounts: Devine

July 23, 2021
John Solomon, founder of the Just the News media organization, drew comparisons this week between Joe Biden’s use of private e-mail addresses and Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server, pointing out that, under federal records law, the then-vice president had an obligation to preserve all emails involving his government work.
https://nypost.com/2021/07/23/vp-joe-biden-skirted-no-see-mail-law-with-private-accounts-devine/

-----------------------
August 17th, 2023 at 9:21:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote:
One year anniversary of Inflation Reduction Act:

Inflation on Aug 16, 2022: 8.5 percent

Inflation on Aug 16, 2023: 3.2 percent

Quote: ams288
Thank you Brandon!

Thanks so much for only allowing the cost of living to go up $709 a month for all those regular Joe's out there.

The President's misnamed (as he stated) Inflation Reduction Act spending is being offset by the Fed raising interest rates and slowing the economy.

I listened to a Democrat the other day explain that deficit spending or forgiving student loans only helps people and hurts no one since the money is not being collected from anyone.

That is going well with our credit being downgraded and interest rates going up.

I don't want Biden to remain President after the election, but I do want the economy to stay strong and for inflation to go lower.
August 17th, 2023 at 10:07:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

That is going well with our credit being downgraded and interest rates going up.

The Tea Party (prequel to the Trump party) pursued the "power of the purse" argument where all this debt downgrading threat really amped up a lot with heavy stonewalling, which directly woke the credit rating agencies to downgrade. Maybe the Democrats might have done it on their own, but no thanks to the Tea Party for bringing on that nonsense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 17th, 2023 at 11:37:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
The Tea Party (prequel to the Trump party) pursued the "power of the purse" argument where all this debt downgrading threat really amped up a lot with heavy stonewalling, which directly woke the credit rating agencies to downgrade. Maybe the Democrats might have done it on their own, but no thanks to the Tea Party for bringing on that nonsense.

So both sides are bad?

I am not sure how we control spending because both parties have gone way out of control with it.

The lack of any desire to make real compromises on issues and the inability of any leaders in Congress to keep them in session without recesses until they actually do something. The reason Congress has a 33% or so approval rating is obvious and the rating is well earned.

The Marine Corps is without a confirmed Commandant (has other services have no confirmed leader at this point also). One Senator is holding up all Flag officer promotions, which is within each Senator's power. I disagree with him, but it is a tactic that is used by Senators to protest something. The Majority Leader could, and should, move to hold individual hearings to confirm at least the heads of the various services. He also could schedule hearings for EVERY flag nominee and keep the Senate at work to overcome the obstacle. Maybe it is politically more expedient to play the game but we do need the leaders of our military in place.

I'm not going to give my House or both chambers examples, but I think Congress has been poorly run for years.

Back to Biden...he's just not that good at his job.
August 17th, 2023 at 12:58:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
I am not sure how we control spending because both parties have gone way out of control with it.

We don’t.

Neither side actually cares about controlling spending. Republicans only pretend to when they are out of power. When they have control of government they spend like drunken sailors.

Time to stop the charade and keep spend, baby, spending.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 17th, 2023 at 2:15:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

What nonsense? Pointing out how many trillions we waste?

I say keep downgrading it! Maybe it wakes things up.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2023 at 2:25:55 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Likely not a coincidence, since upper level politicians are also there, at least part of the year.

I mean, ducks on the pond might attract those flying over migrating.

------------------------

Democrat-Run Washington, DC, Sees 27% Surge in Homicides Year-to-Date

17 Aug 2023
Sexual abuse cases are up too, with 99 instances January 1, 2023, through August 16, 2023. There were 85 sexual abuse instances during the same time frame in 2022.

Robbery is up 63 percent from where it was at this point last year and auto theft is up a whopping 114 percent.

Arson is 167 percent higher at this point in 2023 than it was at this point in 2022.
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/08/17/democrat-run-washington-dc-sees-27-surge-homicides-year-date/

---------------------------
August 17th, 2023 at 3:05:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
What nonsense? Pointing out how many trillions we waste?

I say keep downgrading it! Maybe it wakes things up.

If we just quit borrowing we will be fine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 17th, 2023 at 3:43:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
If we just quit borrowing we will be fine.

That means cutting spending heaven forbid!
The President is a fink.