The Biden Presidency 2023

July 27th, 2023 at 1:19:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I think most here know that I am apolitical, but a Weekend at Bernie's joke seems appropriate.

There's toting around 2 or 3 dead bodies in this version.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2023 at 4:16:09 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Add another.

Simple Senate Committee roll call vote yesterday. 'Aye' or 'Nay'.

Handler on her left tells Feinstein 'Say aye'.

Confused Feinstein instead goes into a prepared speech.

Handler on her right tells her 'Just say aye'. 'Say aye.

Now both handlers telling her 'Say aye' 'Just say aye'

The average lifespan in 1776 America was 35 years. Dementia did not exist, or was exceedingly rare.. Which is probably why the founders didn't consider age limits for elected officials, when they wrote the Constitution.
July 28th, 2023 at 4:38:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
Add another.

Simple Senate Committee roll call vote yesterday. 'Aye' or 'Nay'.

Handler on her left tells Feinstein 'Say aye'.

Confused Feinstein instead goes into a prepared speech.

Handler on her right tells her 'Just say aye'. 'Say aye.

Now both handlers telling her 'Say aye' 'Just say aye'

The average lifespan in 1776 America was 35 years. Dementia did not exist, or was exceedingly rare.. Which is probably why the founders didn't consider age limits for elected officials, when they wrote the Constitution.

Why didn't they make a rule for term limit?
July 28th, 2023 at 4:49:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2023 at 5:30:12 AM permalink
rxwine
I don't think any of them stay because we absolutely need them. At 80-90, most know there's no real next chapter once they step down. At least no vigorous one. Only a few are spry into their 90s. And those are the ones where most people say, "is he(she) really that old" when they hit 80 because you're surprised.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2023 at 5:33:33 AM permalink
rxwine
This thought will give most conservatives heart palpitations, but Jimmy Carter could have easily worked as President at 90.
July 30th, 2023 at 8:48:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
For those that say I never give Joe credit for anything. He has finally acknowledged that he does have 7 grandchildren which had been denying. The only decent thing to do. My wife and I still acknowledge and treat our step grandkids as grandchildren even though our son and their mother haven't been together for 20 years. We are even Great Gramma and Grandpa via one of them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 30th, 2023 at 9:34:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Do grandkids of a US President get secret service protection? I honestly don’t know.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 30th, 2023 at 10:32:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Do grandkids of a US President get secret service protection? I honestly don’t know.

Not directly (unless the President is the legal guardian of the grandkid, in which case it is treated like a kid /immediate family member), only in the sense that they are kids of the kids being protected.

And, though former Presidents and spouses (if they stay married) retain the benefit of SS protection for life, their kids only retain protection until age 16 (which they likely are already older than before their parent leaves the Presidency.)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-secret-service-former-presidents-1.6808177
(This is actually a pretty good article despite being foreign, and it seems the only person who can revoke protection is the former President regardless of how the President leaves or is removed from office, it says even if the former President goes to prison he is entitled to 24/7 protection until the end of his life. And, apparently Nixon is the only President to revoke his SS protection entitlement post-presidency preferring private security.)

https://www.secretservice.gov/about/faq/general
July 30th, 2023 at 1:21:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288

I doubt it.

Did you know President John Taylor (born 1790) the 10th President of the U.S. still has a living Grandson?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.