The Trump Arrest thread

June 9th, 2023 at 9:36:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
It will be on all of their hands, then. Also, Biden's.

Cool.

We can deal with that if/when we get there.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 9th, 2023 at 9:54:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It's ironic that all the Trumpers are saying he needs to be pardoned or have the case dismissed for public order.

We hear this everytime a major terrorist is captured (it's not worth holding him he will inspire more recruitment and acts of terror....) And, (usually the right-wing in those cases) say "too bad, we'll get them too then".... So the fact that this is the defense against Trump being indicted is quite rich.

Will some idiots get stupid? Yes, but they have been for the last four years. Will there be mass riots? I doubt it. Will there be isolated incidents of terror attacks and threats? Probably, this has been happening since Trump told his supporters he had the election stolen. And, Biden can't be blamed for that.

I honestly think many Republicans are secretly happy with this (though they will act outraged in public). But, it takes care of their biggest political threat while allowing them to pay lipservice to the base about "corruption" etc.....
June 9th, 2023 at 10:05:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
It's ironic that all the Trumpers are saying he needs to be pardoned or have the case dismissed for public order.

We hear this everytime a major terrorist is captured (it's not worth holding him he will inspire more recruitment and acts of terror....) And, (usually the right-wing in those cases) say "too bad, we'll get them too then".... So the fact that this is the defense against Trump being indicted is quite rich.

Will some idiots get stupid? Yes, but they have been for the last four years. Will there be mass riots? I doubt it. Will there be isolated incidents of terror attacks and threats? Probably, this has been happening since Trump told his supporters he had the election stolen. And, Biden can't be blamed for that.

I honestly think many Republicans are secretly happy with this (though they will act outraged in public). But, it takes care of their biggest political threat while allowing them to pay lipservice to the base about "corruption" etc.....

I'm not a Trumper. I hate Trump. I wish for almost nothing more than for him just to drop dead (natural causes), but better still, the CIA to pop him.

The question is: Is it worth it? I guess as long as it's not enough that Trump somehow end up barred from running for POTUS again, therefore never being POTUS again, some people will find the hundreds to thousands of pointless slaughters worth it.

I don't. I guess I just don't hate Trump as much as some people do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 9th, 2023 at 10:11:58 AM permalink
ams288
some people will find the hundreds to thousands of pointless slaughters worth it.

I find this to be a very unlikely scenario. Which is why this whole discussion seems so silly to me.

Biden ain’t gonna pardon Donny. You can take that to the bank.
June 9th, 2023 at 10:15:16 AM permalink
Gandler
I'm not a Trumper. I hate Trump. I wish for almost nothing more than for him just to drop dead (natural causes), but better still, the CIA to pop him.

The question is: Is it worth it? I guess as long as it's not enough that Trump somehow end up barred from running for POTUS again, therefore never being POTUS again, some people will find the hundreds to thousands of pointless slaughters worth it.

I don't. I guess I just don't hate Trump as much as some people do.

You really think thousands of people will be slaughtered if he gets sentenced to confinement?

That argument is actually relevant when certain Islamists have been taken (where it does happen -granted not usually in America-). And, nobody minds.

Let's say your worst case scenario happens and thousands, even 10 of thousands get stupid and riot in the street. That is a lot of felonies, so that is a lot of Trump supporters that will be barred from voting again. So even if it does happen (it won't, Trump supporters are lazy) it would be a net positive.

Plus the people who are willing to do this probably need to be exposed when they don't have power.
June 9th, 2023 at 10:20:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
You really think thousands of people will be slaughtered if he gets sentenced to confinement?

That argument is actually relevant when certain Islamists have been taken (where it does happen -granted not usually in America-). And, nobody minds.

Let's say your worst case scenario happens and thousands, even 10 of thousands get stupid and riot in the street. That is a lot of felonies, so that is a lot of Trump supporters that will be barred from voting again. So even if it does happen (it won't, Trump supporters are lazy) it would be a net positive.

Plus the people who are willing to do this probably need to be exposed when they don't have power.

Hundreds to thousands; I'm not necessarily willing to commit to thousands.

If that makes it a net positive in your eyes, then that's fine. I can't imagine that I will care very much, aside from the fact that the result will have been quite avoidable.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 9th, 2023 at 10:47:00 AM permalink
ams288
Indictment has been unsealed:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.3.0.pdf
June 9th, 2023 at 10:57:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Hundreds to thousands; I'm not necessarily willing to commit to thousands.

If that makes it a net positive in your eyes, then that's fine. I can't imagine that I will care very much, aside from the fact that the result will have been quite avoidable.

Every arrest is avoidable. Should cops not arrest gang members because they know it almost always leads to local gang retaliation?

Same with organized crime on a larger scale. Same with terrorists on an even larger scale. Heck Same with political prisoners on an even larger level....

It's all avoidable, but otherwise the violators will not face justice.
June 9th, 2023 at 11:09:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'd almost might respect Trump if he got caught stealing money during his presidency. Pretty much everything occurring during his actual presidency is due to his inability to go more than 2 days without acting like an imbecile in regards to respecting laws he supposed to have some inkling of how to function under.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2023 at 11:09:36 AM permalink
ams288
HE WAS HOARDING NUCLEAR SECRETS

Remember all the s*** righties gave me about nuclear secrets when this story broke?!?! I’ve gotta go back into the archives to make them eat it.