The Trump Arrest thread

October 21st, 2023 at 10:14:11 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
I have known a few really shady lawyers. I used to work for one, thankfully he has since been disbarred.

Disbarred lawyer tales:

A. Lawyer reperesented a pretty young thing, mid-teens, in a personal injury case; got a nice result and to celebrate he rented a limo and took her around Portland, partying.

Afterward he bragged to the limo driver about having sex with her, not realizing the driver was an off-duty cop.

B. Young guy, dressed like he was in "Miami Vice." got popped with $2000 worth of coke. See ya.

C. Guy went down the meth highway: got divorced, wound up living alone in the woods.

D. Lawyer embezzled clients' funds, claiming he needed the money to help care for his daughter with disabilities.

They all got their ticket punched.
October 21st, 2023 at 10:18:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Same advice to everyone: don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 21st, 2023 at 11:21:37 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
When I was in business my accountant asked me what I wanted to pay in taxes? The obvious answer is nothing but I could tell he was leading me somewhere and asked him what he was actually getting at. He told me that everyone has different levels of risk tolerance. He told me he could make the taxes very low or possibly even $0 but there was a very high likelihood of being audited and pay a lot more and maybe some penalties. If I wanted him to guarantee no audits I would be paying too much in taxes. Somewhere in the middle was the correct place but that would vary from person to person.

The bottom line is the law isn't black and white and the law is always subject to interpretation no matter what your profession is. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't need any appeal courts.

As long as the tax maneuvers used were within the law, there's no problem, My father won many an audit and appeal in front of the IRS and tax court because he was always able to show he always stayed within the law.
October 21st, 2023 at 11:21:37 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
When I was in business my accountant asked me what I wanted to pay in taxes? The obvious answer is nothing but I could tell he was leading me somewhere and asked him what he was actually getting at. He told me that everyone has different levels of risk tolerance. He told me he could make the taxes very low or possibly even $0 but there was a very high likelihood of being audited and pay a lot more and maybe some penalties. If I wanted him to guarantee no audits I would be paying too much in taxes. Somewhere in the middle was the correct place but that would vary from person to person.

The bottom line is the law isn't black and white and the law is always subject to interpretation no matter what your profession is. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't need any appeal courts.

As long as the tax maneuvers used were within the law, there's no problem, My father won many an audit and appeal in front of the IRS and tax court because he was always able to show he always stayed within the law.
October 24th, 2023 at 6:39:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Another one bites the dust. Atty Jenna Ellis takes a deal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2023 at 7:24:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
Jenna Ellis is now tearing up after pleading guilty, arguing she relied on lawyers with "much more experience" than her. "If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Trump in these post-election challenges. I look back on this experience with deep remorse."

The sad thing is she spent so much time saying so much crazy sh*+ covering for Donny’s lies, I don’t know if these tears are legitimate or not.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2023 at 8:16:53 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: ams288
The sad thing is she spent so much time saying so much crazy sh*+ covering for Donny’s lies, I don’t know if these tears are legitimate or not.

She's full of bull. She's a lawyer and she should've known better. It was her job to know better.
October 25th, 2023 at 1:11:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Going great today for Donny!

Quote:
“TRUMP IMMEDIATELY GETS UP AND STORMS OUT OF THE COURTROOM WITH SECRET SERVICE AGENTS CHASING AFTER HIM….COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED AND SURPRISING TO HIS OWN ATTORNEYS …COURTROOM GASPED”

Popcorn.gif
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 26th, 2023 at 11:46:33 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The judge in Trumps is so far off base that even the ACLU has said the gag order is unconstitutional.

"On Wednesday, the far-left American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) made a surprising statement condemning a federal judge’s attempted gag order on former President Donald Trump."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 26th, 2023 at 11:56:45 AM permalink
rxwine
The judge in Trumps is so far off base that even the ACLU has said the gag order is unconstitutional.

"On Wednesday, the far-left American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) made a surprising statement condemning a federal judge’s attempted gag order on former President Donald Trump."

I'm not sure letting Trump run is mouth like you want is doing him any favors legally. You might say the judge is keeping Trump from digging the hole he is in even deeper.