In the News II

July 26th, 2023 at 8:10:17 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Surely you know by now what is constitutionally protected in the USA. There's no law against discriminating against country music.

There is no protection for Black music either. No protection for wedding cakes either.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 26th, 2023 at 8:18:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
There is no protection for Black music either. No protection for wedding cakes either.

My objection to that premise, is most Christians don't treat improper hetero marriages written in their religious book like they do gay marriages. If they're going to use their religion as their premise, why not follow the same prohibitions about divorce and remarriage right there in the holy book? It's only approved under certain conditions. I bet you anything that web designer is going to ignore unholy unions among heterosexuals.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2023 at 11:17:09 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Yikes

Mitch McConnell is clearly not well.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1684262402664038405?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

Him, Feinstein, and Chuck Grassley should start the vegetable caucus.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2023 at 12:11:34 PM permalink
ams288
A better look at McConnell’s stroke senior moment.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1684267495459540992?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA
July 26th, 2023 at 1:02:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Hello, mini-stroke.
July 26th, 2023 at 1:08:48 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I wonder if Cocaine Mitch (El Chapo) was in the Whitehouse recently when they tried to blame the obvious.
July 26th, 2023 at 1:28:38 PM permalink
ams288
Clearly Mitch is suffering VACCINE SIDE EFFECTS!!!! If only he’d been smart and doused himself in horse paste instead.
July 26th, 2023 at 5:55:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
William Laude, executive chair of Estee Lauder, is tearing down the Palm Beach, Florida, estate that used to be home to right-wing talk radio host Rush Limbaugh—a waterfront mansion on almost 3 acres that Lauder scooped up for $155 million in March.

Demolition has already started at the 1495 N. Ocean Blvd. property, purchased by Lauder from Limbaugh's widow
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 27th, 2023 at 2:45:14 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5

Rudy Giuliani has admitted to making false statements in claims of Georgia voter fraud

shazam_____!!!_________________surprise, surprise, surprise___________who would've or could've thunk it_________it just doesn't seem possible________________(-:\

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66318528

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
July 27th, 2023 at 6:05:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
I would personally be all for CMT never playing gay songs. Who cares?

Are there even gay country songs?

"We Shall Be Free," by Garth Brooks, covers a little of everything and is a Libertarian song, by nature. It made it to #12 on the country music chart, which isn't a great showing for him. Here's are a few snippets:

Quote:
When the last thing we notice is the color of the skin,
And the first thing we look for is the beauty within;
When the skies and the oceans are clean again,

Quote:
When we're free to love anyone we choose,
When this world's big enough for all different views,
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew,

That was 1992. Of course, the song seemed optimistic that we would end up with a world like that...how naive! Even the Far Left is going backwards; the first thing that they notice is the color of someone's skin.

Kacey Musgraves had a similar (and more recent) song called, "Follow Your Arrow," which again, is basically just about doing whatever you want and letting others do the same. It was liberal, so any non-conservative critics liked it and it was named, "Song of the Year" in 2014, by the woke CMA***, despite not doing outstanding on the charts, or anything. 2014 was probably a pretty good time for that song; I think it would be received MUCH worse these days and conservatives would probably call for a straight boycott and we'd have Dixie Chicks circa 2003 2.0.

Other than that, I don't recall any off-hand, but I'm sure there have been.

I think the best we can hope for is an all-out Evangelical Christians v. Far Left war. As long as there are plenty of casualties on both sides, everyone else wins.

***No, I don't think the CMA is woke. I'm simply suggesting that's what they would be called if they named a song like that Song of the Year now. Regardless of the award ceremony, or entity, I wouldn't ever take any of these kinds of awards seriously unless they went to public vote or were based on something objective.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman