In the News II

Page 1 of 3371234>Last »
March 27th, 2023 at 9:09:00 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I think the "In the News" thread may have reached it's maximum length. Let's hope this sequel works.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 27th, 2023 at 9:09:24 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Test post.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 28th, 2023 at 1:17:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
things I've noticed about the latest school shooting

*of course I noticed that it was a TRANS-gressor ... I concede all the things you can and will protest about that statement in advance, but what I'm saying is I find it particularly disturbing

*a female mass-shooting perp, unusual, but not a first. May be a first for a school shooting? And of the others, some perpetrated their acts with a man. This was a pure loner

*said to be autistic. I'm noticing that some of sex-transitioning people are said to be autistic. I have no statistics and at this point am just wondering about that

*notice to those contemplating future TRANS-gressions: if you insist on a specific set of pronouns, do not commit crime. Your request about that may not be honored. In this case, anyway, I notice all the articles seem to use "she/her"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nashville-covenant-school-shooting-suspect-identified-as-audrey-hale
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 28th, 2023 at 1:25:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
MTG irritates hell out of me mostly, but I agree with her that this is a very good question to ask: was this person being given testosterone?

all these sex hormones, it has been pointed out, constitute off-label usage.

That poor Canadian teacher with the enormous breasts was a man taking the hormones. In an interview, the person said it was the hormones that caused this ... of course it would have to be

no, I'm not going to post a picture
March 28th, 2023 at 4:21:46 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It's something deeper than testosterone.

Escaping reality of something worse and hidden.
March 28th, 2023 at 4:27:15 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Transgenders have a high rate of depression and anxiety.

'Over 90% of transgender Minnesotans feel anxious at least one day per week and nearly half feel nervous'

'About 85% of Minnesotans who are transgender feel depressed weekly, and 36% feel down at least five days per week'

This person was very likely taking meds. Certain anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds can cause suicidal thoughts and homicidal ideation.

This woman who killed her three children was taking seroquel, which can cause homicidal idealation. Her husband was warned not to leave her alone with the children. But he did.

Las Vegas Strip shooter prescribed anti-anxiety drug in June

Aurora Theater Shooter

'Soldier had homicidal ideas prior to slaughter.' 'The treatment was several small doses of Seroquel'

That 'poor' Canadian teacher is a nutcase who wears prosthetic breasts.
March 28th, 2023 at 4:55:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Transgenders have a high rate of depression and anxiety.

'Over 90% of transgender Minnesotans feel anxious at least one day per week and nearly half feel nervous'

'About 85% of Minnesotans who are transgender feel depressed weekly, and 36% feel down at least five days per week'

Hard to imagine why when evil right wingers devote their lives to demonizing them for just existing…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 5:00:44 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Three 9 year olds and three adults are shot dead, and hours later, soulless Biden warms up his Women's Business audience with smiles and jokes.
March 28th, 2023 at 5:08:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Three 9 year olds and three adults are shot dead, and hours later, soulless Biden warms up his Women's Business audience with smiles and jokes.

As far as I’m aware, Biden didn’t murder them.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 5:14:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
That 'poor' Canadian teacher is a nutcase who wears prosthetic breasts.
thanks. I knew she claimed they were real in an interview, so for the Post to feel safe saying 'BS to that' now makes me think Lemieux is lying. In fact I hadn't seen more about it and now I feel foolish for believing it, or not knowing whether to believe it, but it seems incredible that Lemieux would try to get away with lying about it. Realized the medical people have to keep their mouths shut?

as for people becoming suicidal or homocidal on the drugs they are given, I was predicting that this practice would be the scandal of the century ... back in the 20th century! I still can't believe it isn't! I include giving drugs to schoolkids to make them more manageable [ritalin etc]. I just shake my head, it goes on and on.
Page 1 of 3371234>Last »