Google: People Also Ask

February 10th, 2024 at 5:23:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I didn't think this answer would come up just googling

that this is best is easily shown with math, but the downside is variance ... losing streaks can be stunning. I stop at +400 and something has to nudge me to go for even that

>>>

What is the best way to use bonus bets?

Since bonus bets only award you the profit from your wager, not the stake, you'll maximize your returns by placing it on a wager with longshot odds. However, instead of keeping your fingers crossed and hoping that bet hits, you can spread your action across different books to make sure you turn a profit................. https://www.bettingusa.com/bonuses/bonus-bets/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 11th, 2024 at 2:19:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
New word to use? insortable , which is French.

Quote:
insortable (plural insortables) (of a person) who behaves inappropriately in social situations. Il est vraiment insortable ! ― You can't take him anywhere!
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/insortable

We don't really have a word for it in English, so you might say "can't take him anywhere" or " their behavior is beyond the pale" or whatever. The problem with using insortable though is being understood, you'd want to be talking to a sophisticated person, which would mean as of yesterday morning, I wouldn't have understood you LOL. So instead you might say "the French have a word, insortable, for that kind of person" but here again you are coming up with a mouthful instead of the one word [which you could use, though, with that person in the future I guess]

You'd want to pronounce it correctly too, or you'll be exposed as the person who wanted to impress but failed comically

>>>

Pronunciation: https://forvo.com/word/insortable/

People also ask: [also shows pronunciation]
What does insortable mean in French?
[ɛ̃sɔʀtabl ] adjective. être insortable. Elle est insortable ! You can't take her anywhere!

a bunch of 'also ask' follows, but they're unrelated
February 11th, 2024 at 2:25:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
a friend is coming over today who's borderline insortable , he can't stay away from politics and I don't like being around him in certain situations
February 11th, 2024 at 7:39:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I saw a quora question on why graves are 6 feet deep? How far do animals actually dig down for food? I don't think I've seen any (in the wild anyway) dig down for more than a foot.*

Of course, probably anything under 2 feet is at risk of being washed out, in the right area I suppose. The best reason I thought was, that's about as far down as any healthy grave digger can dig and still jump out.

*and they would eat that foot if they got to it. har har.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2024 at 10:37:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
for a long time medical schools would buy bodies, no questions asked, and this led to grave robbing ... very real thing and not so long ago

so if it was known that paupers in a particular graveyard were probably not too far down ... you can guess. And knowing this, people with money made sure graves were deep
February 11th, 2024 at 11:50:49 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Can't feel the rain unless a person's shallow, according to Willie:

--------------------

Willie Nelson - Gravedigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz8jG2SO1Y

--------------------
February 13th, 2024 at 5:42:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I haven't read any Faulkner in decades. I forget why I came across this word originally.

Filed under "words to clog up your memory bank"

>>>

From Sartoris (1929) onwards, Faulkner set all but three of his novels in [Yoknapatawpha County], as well as over 50 of his stories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoknapatawpha_County
__

What is the meaning of Yoknapatawpha?

The word Yoknapatawpha is derived from two Chickasaw words—Yocona and petopha, meaning "split land." Faulkner said to a University of Virginia audience that the compound means "water flows slow through flat land." Yoknapatawpha was the original name for the actual Yocona River, a tributary of the Tallahatchie
February 14th, 2024 at 7:58:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I was trying to find out if you could still get Fanta after someone mentioned it. Still don't know.

>>>

What country is Fanta soda from?

Germany

Fanta is for many the definitive orange soda. Popular worldwide, the brand has always been owned by Coca-Cola. But the drink was actually created in Germany, and owes its existence to ingredient shortages during the Second World War. The Nazi past of Fanta wasn't particularly well known until very recently.
__

Why was Fanta called Fanta?

The story behind the name is also very interesting. Die Presse reports that Fanta originated from the German word Fantastisch, meaning fantastic. The name was chosen in collaboration with Coca Cola HQ in the US, who weren't impressed by the product and thought it needed an exciting word to sell it.
__

What makes Fanta different?

Why Fanta In The US Tastes So Different From Its Overseas ...
In contrast, American Fanta contains high-fructose corn syrup instead of pure sugar and does not contain any real juice. Additionally, Fanta in the U.S. has a sweeter taste because it contains 73 grams of sugar per bottle versus only 22.5 grams in U.K. Fanta. Other European countries also differ in ingredients.
__

what was the shortage that made fanta soda necessary?

Max Keith, the head of Coca-Cola Deutschland (Coca-Cola GmbH), decided to create a new product for the German market, using only ingredients available in Germany at the time, including sugar beet, whey (a cheese byproduct), and apple pomace. He later described them as the "leftovers of leftovers". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanta
February 14th, 2024 at 8:27:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Did you ever have Orange Julius?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2024 at 8:37:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Did you ever have Orange Julius?
no, what's the story on that?