Crime Thread

Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »
August 12th, 2023 at 3:33:27 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
those people poisoning bottles in the store to kill random people have really affected our lives ... it's necessary now to make it clear that the bottles have been opened by somebody, if they have been

to anyone younger you might be surprised to learn it used to be easy to open things! even potato chip etc bags are hard to open now, they used to just open right up.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 12th, 2023 at 1:17:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 18136
Quote: odiousgambit
those people poisoning bottles in the store to kill random people have really affected our lives ... it's necessary now to make it clear that the bottles have been opened by somebody, if they have been

to anyone younger you might be surprised to learn it used to be easy to open things! even potato chip etc bags are hard to open now, they used to just open right up.


When the first Tylenol scare hit people could not believe packages were not tamper proof. A smaller one hit in 1986 at which time they stopped with capsules altogether and did "gel caps." This happens, same as how we look back to no screenings at airports until after DB Cooper.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2023 at 11:54:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
back to the mushrooms

developments: Ex-husband of cook possibly had been poisoned by her previously ... he was hospitalized, probably indisputable, but whether doctors suspected poisoning etc may all be 'according to him'. "Patterson suspected his unforeseen illness had been linked to eating nightshades, a family of plants that includes tomatoes, potatoes and peppers. "

She is now refusing to say where the shrooms came from, backing off from the claim they came from the store. Authorities are looking for a dehydrator that got discarded. Odd, did she think it would be a secret what they died from, and got rid of the device so they wouldn't find out that way? How did it come out she had a dehydrator?

https://nypost.com/2023/08/13/inside-the-mushroom-death-mystery-thats-gripping-australia/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 13th, 2023 at 12:00:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 187
Posts: 18445
Ever see any “magic mushrooms” while you’re out foraging? My teen friends ventured into private cow pastures to get them. I wondered more than once if one of them was going to get a backside peppered with rock salt, Fortunately, they never got discovered soon enough.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2023 at 1:21:28 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
Quote: rxwine
Ever see any “magic mushrooms” while you’re out foraging? My teen friends ventured into private cow pastures to get them. I wondered more than once if one of them was going to get a backside peppered with rock salt, Fortunately, they never got discovered soon enough.
I don't look in places where there might be cow manure, and I don't know anything about what you're supposed to look for otherwise if there is such a thing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 14th, 2023 at 7:24:08 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 29
Posts: 12326
Florida woman doused herself in Diet Mountain Dew to erase DNA after killing roommate

Someone should ask our resident DNA expert, DoubleGold, if this is a good way to erase DNA.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 14th, 2023 at 7:59:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 187
Posts: 18445
Quote: ams288
Florida woman doused herself in Diet Mountain Dew to erase DNA after killing roommate

Someone should ask our resident DNA expert, DoubleGold, if this is a good way to erase DNA.


Probably Bud Lite as you're supposed to pour it out anyway now.

Seriously though, the DNA tracking is kind of potentially scary, as a high dependence on DNA without anything else could lead to framing an innocent person. So, I hope there won't be too many cases based solely or nearly solely on DNA.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 14th, 2023 at 10:09:42 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Member since: Jan 26, 2023
Threads: 30
Posts: 2408
DNA is a personal item.


It can be used to send a innocent person to prison.

Plus, it's possible it can be used for life insurance and/or medical insurance purposes.

It's not anything to play around with.


That means, for example, don't leave hair follicles behind wherever you go.

And don't leave residue behind like cigar butts, etc.

Put them in your pocket after putting them out.


I don't think plastic gloves are necessary because they're pretty hard to lift prints and then place, but open swinging doors with your forearm or elbow.

If drinking a beverage publicly, be aware.

Even if the container is at a friend's house.

Avoid using your hands.


Never look a strange woman into her eyes.

She might get offended.

And definitely never touch one.

Always have a witness present with any unknown woman and never alone.


And don't dress richly nor drive a high dollar vehicle so not targeted.
August 14th, 2023 at 10:30:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
Quote: rxwine
Probably Bud Lite as you're supposed to pour it out anyway now.

Seriously though, the DNA tracking is kind of potentially scary, as a high dependence on DNA without anything else could lead to framing an innocent person. So, I hope there won't be too many cases based solely or nearly solely on DNA.
there have been cases, two I saw recently revolved around this. I was going to relate the details but not sure I remember them right.

In any case, part of the problem is they now need so little and they can make an ID ... if some of your sweat gets on something, you probably left a few skin cells too, and that's enough. So a tiny transfer can occur pretty easily away from the scene of the crime and get found there though the person was not there
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 16th, 2023 at 3:02:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
weird 'death wall' in prior home of suspect was photographed by the man paid to paint over it before sale of house, evidently because it was strange ... prior to the poisonings.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/death-wall-found-in-home-of-chef-suspected-in-fatal-mushroom-poisoning/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 6<12345>Last »