The Biden Impeachment (lol) thread

Page 2 of 4<1234>
September 12th, 2023 at 6:59:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Spin how you want, but Hunter is his dad's 800 pound gorilla in the corner.
September 13th, 2023 at 11:47:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: missedhervee

I disagree. I think if there was any concrete evidence implicating Joe in anything illegal, the Repubs would have found it already. The unethical nature of Hunter’s ‘jobs’ in the Ukraine are fully known already, and baked into the selection already. The anti-Trump crowd, over 1/2 off the country, doesn’t give a hoot about sleazy Hunter.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:09:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee

At another forum, in my earlier days online, I used to listen to an Australian lawyer who worked estate cases primarily. I think that's where I got my first impression of how long and how much some people will kiss the ass long term of someone without knowing for sure if they're in the will or not.

I suppose that's why I don't necessarily think the people Hunter was dealing with even if knew for sure if hunter's quid pro quo efforts were real, or they were just mostly being played.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2023 at 2:31:08 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
In the pantheon of stupid things the Republican Party does to lose elections, I’ll make a list which includes the hypothetical Biden impeachment

1. Biden impeachment
2. Abortion stance
3. Herschel Walker as candidate
4. Mehmet Oz as candidate
5. Sarah Palin as candidate.

This is kind of what I thought would happen when they went ahead with the Nothing Burger that was Trump's first Impeachment (not removal, obviously), "Cool, we're trolling now. Every single President might get impeached in the future if they don't have a House majority."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 13th, 2023 at 3:11:51 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
This is kind of what I thought would happen when they went ahead with the Nothing Burger that was Trump's first Impeachment (not removal, obviously), "Cool, we're trolling now. Every single President might get impeached in the future if they don't have a House majority."

I agree. To me, impeachment should only occur if you have enough evidence to have a reasonable chance of conviction and removal. The Democrats weren’t even close. It’s not that they needed enough evidence to convince ams and RxWine, they needed enough evidence to convince Graham and McConnel.
If the Republicans go forward, they will have even less chance that the Democrats did. Zero Dems vote to impeach, and probably less than 1/2 of the Repub Senators vote to oust Biden.

The Repubs, if smart, (they are NOT), should just do some sort of ‘censure’ or condemnation. Impeachment costs them a few more % at the polls.
September 13th, 2023 at 4:53:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I agree. To me, impeachment should only occur if you have enough evidence to have a reasonable chance of conviction and removal. The Democrats weren’t even close. It’s not that they needed enough evidence to convince ams and RxWine, they needed enough evidence to convince Graham and McConnel.
If the Republicans go forward, they will have even less chance that the Democrats did. Zero Dems vote to impeach, and probably less than 1/2 of the Repub Senators vote to oust Biden.

The Repubs, if smart, (they are NOT), should just do some sort of ‘censure’ or condemnation. Impeachment costs them a few more % at the polls.

So funny that you post this on the same day Mitt Romney revealed this about McConnell’s true feelings on the first impeachment:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 13th, 2023 at 5:55:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
So funny that you post this on the same day Mitt Romney revealed this about McConnell’s true feelings on the first impeachment:

Nothing you wrote changes the facts I presented. There was no way they were going to convince enough jurors (Senators) to convict Trump based on the case they presented. Just like there is no way the Republicans are going to convict Biden of anything, for the same reason.

Stupid waste of time and money.

I highly doubt there will be enough Congressmen that would vote to impeach Biden. And of course not near enough Senators to convict.
September 13th, 2023 at 6:47:25 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0

Censure or condemnation about what? There's no credible evidence of wrongdoing by Joe the entire time he has been in any office, and the Italian suppository the GOP imputes don't count and Hunter has never ever been a public official. What's to censure? Joe loving Hunter?
September 13th, 2023 at 7:21:42 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: GenoDRPh
Censure or condemnation about what? There's no credible evidence of wrongdoing by Joe the entire time he has been in any office, and the Italian suppository the GOP imputes don't count and Hunter has never ever been a public official. What's to censure? Joe loving Hunter?

Some Republicans (not me) feel Biden is not following his constitutional duty to protect the country by allowing untold illegal immigrants in. And not using his power and authority to get them out. There are a bunch of other similar type claims. YOU might not think there is weight to those claims, but who cares what YOU think?!

In my opinion there will never be evidence of impeachable offenses committed by Biden, but I could see reasonable support for some type of censure. The censure would be a clearly partisan statement with no actual teeth. It of course would be just another foolish decision by Republicans to make themselves feel good and cost votes….
September 13th, 2023 at 8:10:09 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Some Republicans (not me) feel Biden is not following his constitutional duty to protect the country by allowing untold illegal immigrants in. And not using his power and authority to get them out. There are a bunch of other similar type claims. YOU might not think there is weight to those claims, but who cares what YOU think?!

In my opinion there will never be evidence of impeachable offenses committed by Biden, but I could see reasonable support for some type of censure. The censure would be a clearly partisan statement with no actual teeth. It of course would be just another foolish decision by Republicans to make themselves feel good and cost votes….

Comparing Hunter's situation and the historically unruly border are comparing apples and bowling balls. Those similar type claims is just partisan yapping by a party out of actual ideas.

Joe has done nothing to censure.
Page 2 of 4<1234>