Israeli conflict

October 22nd, 2023 at 10:14:50 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So, what do you think: if Israel is attacked and somehow the Arab hordes gain the upper hand and are likely to win: will Israel use nukes if their 'back is to the wall?"
October 22nd, 2023 at 10:51:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rquiredusername
If they need more aid now, I question wtf Israel’s been doing with the 3+ billion dollars we give them every year already up to this point.

I was wondering about this. A lot of volunteer efforts are going on to supply soldiers with basic equipment and other sorts of military aid in general.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2023 at 10:56:07 AM permalink
rxwine
I’m also wondering it there is even a feasible end game. Maybe they should go back to building increased defenses after this intense bombing campaign. The overall situation is ideology driven but it’s fueled by the situation in Gaza which isn’t going to do anything but get worse. In other words, one feeds the other and unless they kill them all are they just breeding a Hamus replacement with another generation?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2023 at 11:02:23 AM permalink
rxwine
I consider ethnic and religious differences a false dichotomy anyway on both sides. It’s all based on an awful fiction that stuff that doesn’t matter makes all the difference in the world. That’s why they’re killing each.
October 23rd, 2023 at 2:21:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
So, what do you think: if Israel is attacked and somehow the Arab hordes gain the upper hand and are likely to win: will Israel use nukes if their 'back is to the wall?"
more likely the US would intervene and possibly start WW3

if in the future the pro-Pal fringe dominates US politics, and the US no longer supported Israel, then I would say, in the scenario you describe, yes the A-bomb would be used.

Sounds like that would be the far future. Hamas/Hezbollah represent the threat these days, and can not do more than terrorism. Presumably 'Arab hordes' would mean Arab armies provided by Arab states [or Iran]. A lot of far future factors here
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 23rd, 2023 at 9:11:50 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: odiousgambit
more likely the US would intervene and possibly start WW3

There is absolutely NO WAY that this conflict could cause WW3

Why_________?

Because although the Russians and China may be posturing on the side of the terrorists it is just a gimmick to strike a PR blow against the U.S.

There is no way that they would risk their own resources to intervene in this conflict

Their devotion to the terrorists and the Palestinians is just not that strong__________it's nothing more than a talking point for them

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
October 23rd, 2023 at 11:07:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Maybe another way to drive them out of the tunnels. Every time they find an opening stuff in a thousands pounds of rotting garbage. You can’t wear a gas mask forever, It shouldn’t kill anyone. Each load would probably stink for 10 days or so. Any sizable country can get a supply of it every day of the week.
October 23rd, 2023 at 12:39:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
Maybe another way to drive them out of the tunnels. Every time they find an opening stuff in a thousands pounds of rotting garbage. You can’t wear a gas mask forever, It shouldn’t kill anyone. Each load would probably stink for 10 days or so. Any sizable country can get a supply of it every day of the week.

Instead of garbage use the next best thing: rotting Hamas corpses.

No doubt there will be a lot available soon.

Go Israel!
October 23rd, 2023 at 2:24:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
I was wondering about this. A lot of volunteer efforts are going on to supply soldiers with basic equipment and other sorts of military aid in general.

A lot of the money goes to more high-end weapons and tech, not the kind of stuff random soldiers on the ground doing their mandatory service will directly see.

All of the money we give to Israel they have to spend with certain American defense companies, so it kind of cycles through a couple of specific techs (so it is really a handout to certain unnamed defense contractors.) So, it almost makes you wonder if it is really Israeli aid or more of a defense contractor handout painted as critical foreign aid.
October 25th, 2023 at 5:08:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

All of the money we give to Israel they have to spend with certain American defense companies, so it kind of cycles through a couple of specific techs (so it is really a handout to certain unnamed defense contractors.) So, it almost makes you wonder if it is really Israeli aid or more of a defense contractor handout painted as critical foreign aid.

Ah, you seem to be waking up! Maybe soon you will ask about all the money spent on global warming and china virus shots!
The President is a fink.