Israeli conflict

October 27th, 2023 at 9:56:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems likely Hamus sets these rocket barrages off only after they are far enough away. You certainly wouldn't have many fighters left if you had to hang out next to them while they fire as Israel strikes the area shortly afterward. So makes me wonder how many Hamus fighters are actually getting killed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2023 at 3:33:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: odiousgambit
I read this book a long time ago, I guess sometime in the 70s, it definitely has some sympathy with the Japanese [to a point]. Then again, it didn't come out in 1942 either.

As I remember it brings out the oil thing and how it forced the Japan to do something, and to exit China wasn't going to happen.

But I remember for sure it questioned whether FDR knew they were going to attack Pearl Harbor and could have warned American forces to be ready. The theory is that FDR wanted them to attack so we could go on to full war standing... and was shocked, had no idea how bad we were going to get clobbered. After all, the military had been warned war *could* start.

I don't know how much that theory is entertained today

As for further sympathy with Japan, I don't think Toland bought into the "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" as anything but a spin on what Japan wanted to do. Yet it was anti-colonial of the Western variety [to be replaced by a Japanese type] so it might appeal to some of the Lefties here who seem to buy into about anything, as long as their Overlords lay it out for them.

Yeah it is a strange rabbit hole to go down, Japan spent a lot of time and money post-WWII to try to change history to make them the victim (to some degree they still do.)

But, my pushback to the FDR conspiracy is even if that is somehow all true (which is impressive for a couple of reasons because it was not just Pearl Harbor Japan attacked many U.S. and U.K. targets that day that get frequently overlooked,) that does not change anything that Japan did (they were still they aggressor -and a pretty despicable aggressor-)

That looks like an interesting book, but it was published in the height of the WWII cover up by Japan so its believable that it is quite flowery in it's coverage.
October 30th, 2023 at 6:55:41 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
'Shani Louk found dead 3 weeks after she was kidnapped at music festival and paraded by Hamas'

They found her skull. She was beheaded by Hamas after they shot her in the head.
October 30th, 2023 at 7:26:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
They found her skull. She was beheaded by Hamas after they shot her in the head.

Better to be beheaded after a bullet to the brain than before, IMO.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2023 at 12:11:59 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
No surprise there.

'Groups behind Israel-bashing protests backing Hamas attacks got $15M-plus from Soros'

October 30th, 2023 at 12:47:56 PM permalink
ams288
No surprise there.

'Groups behind Israel-bashing protests backing Hamas attacks got $15M-plus from Soros'

LOL

You guys really are one-trick-ponies.
October 31st, 2023 at 6:32:03 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: ams288
No surprise there.

LOL

You guys really are one-trick-ponies.
Ams is internally going "what's wrong with that?"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 31st, 2023 at 7:20:04 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: odiousgambit
Ams is internally going "what's wrong with that?"

To be honest, ams doesn’t give a damn about the Middle East: “keep that sh** over there and leave me alone” is my position.
October 31st, 2023 at 7:32:12 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
To be honest, ams doesn’t give a damn about the Middle East: “keep that sh** over there and leave me alone” is my position.

I understand it can be hard for immature brains to handle events that challenge the premises they base their lives on.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 31st, 2023 at 7:43:54 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
I understand it can be hard for immature brains to handle events that challenge the premises they base their lives on.

Nothing about the events in the Middle East challenges the premises I base my life on.

I get you’re just trying to be insulting without actually being insulting, but as with many of your posts, it just comes off as totally retarded.