Israeli conflict

November 4th, 2023 at 11:26:24 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Tanko
Hamas is preventing Gaza residents and foreign nationals from leaving Gaza. They're using them as human shields.

The IDF warned them to leave northern Gaza and go to the southern part: they said we're invading the north, get out or you'll be in harm's way.

Stay behind, likely get killed: it really is that simple.

Blame cowardly Hamas for shielding themselves behind the clueless Palestinian sheeple...
November 4th, 2023 at 2:03:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This will upset some people, but I think at this point Israel should just take back Gaza, they have given them since 2005 to get in order and it has got worse and worse. And, now they are becoming the bad guys internationally again, it does not matter how much they do to try to mitigate damage. People are celebrating Hamas for killing as many civilians as they can, while condemning Israel for being as cautious and moderate as they can. There is no winning for them, just take back Gaza or it will just continue to be a rocket depot for periodic terror attacks....

People are already condemning them, may as well accept the public slander and go all out. I know most people don't expect me to be militarily aggressive (though I would argue it is defensive at this point), but that is probably the optimal choice here. Gaza is basically a terror depot, just take it back into Israel or there will be perpetual war. Imagine any other country over the period of decades just routinely rocketed a neighboring country, it would be off the map ages ago. Israel has already showed tremendous restraint and has received zero goodwill for it (and nor will they.)
November 4th, 2023 at 4:18:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Quote: Tanko
Hamas is preventing Gaza residents and foreign nationals from leaving Gaza. They're using them as human shields.

The IDF warned them to leave northern Gaza and go to the southern part: they said we're invading the north, get out or you'll be in harm's way.

Stay behind, likely get killed: it really is that simple.

Blame cowardly Hamas for shielding themselves behind the clueless Palestinian sheeple...

Spokeperson for the IDF has clarified the safety comment that no place is Gaza is safe just that one area is much less safe than the rest of Gaza.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2023 at 6:32:30 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yes, throw the Palestinians out of Gaza: good riddance.

Question: once they get done fighting there, will it make sense to rebuild or just level it entirely?

I'd vote for door number two...
November 5th, 2023 at 2:32:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
This will upset some people, but I think at this point Israel should just take back Gaza, they have given them since 2005 to get in order and it has got worse and worse. And, now they are becoming the bad guys internationally again, it does not matter how much they do to try to mitigate damage. People are celebrating Hamas for killing as many civilians as they can, while condemning Israel for being as cautious and moderate as they can. There is no winning for them, just take back Gaza or it will just continue to be a rocket depot for periodic terror attacks....

People are already condemning them, may as well accept the public slander and go all out. I know most people don't expect me to be militarily aggressive (though I would argue it is defensive at this point), but that is probably the optimal choice here. Gaza is basically a terror depot, just take it back into Israel or there will be perpetual war. Imagine any other country over the period of decades just routinely rocketed a neighboring country, it would be off the map ages ago. Israel has already showed tremendous restraint and has received zero goodwill for it (and nor will they.)
I agree, the decision to leave under pressure in 2005 has been shown to be a mistake.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 5th, 2023 at 2:46:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Yes, throw the Palestinians out of Gaza: good riddance.

Question: once they get done fighting there, will it make sense to rebuild or just level it entirely?

I'd vote for door number two...

Egypt should take them back as Egypt had the place 1948-1967 (or abouts.) Israel could level it and develop it proper.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2023 at 3:21:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
Egypt should take them back as Egypt had the place 1948-1967 (or abouts.) Israel could level it and develop it proper.
nobody wants them now

the world would better off, and actually save money, to have someone take them back and pay them to do so and take care of them until they support themselves even that was a long, long project. The charge is, that Arab countries didn't absorb Pal. refugees because as long as they're a political football that's good for the cause of making the Israelis the bad guys. This persists plus now, they are such a radicalized mess no one wants them.

Egypt would keep them in Gaza too. Then, the terrorist problem would probably persist
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 5th, 2023 at 6:04:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know that the solution of threat to Israel is any more complicated than actually being ready for such an attack and not having a delay of half the day before a significant roll out occurred.

It's way more complicated and expensive to do anything else. Whereas when you have a small force and fewer resources like Ukraine fighting a much larger country with more resources, you do have to actually fight hard for your life.

When I say expensive, I'd also note you're voting for your tax dollars probably to finance this when the other might work as well and cost much less. Just learn the lessons and do it properly for any possible next time.

I do think the Israel forces pounding Gaza for awhile is the best move currently. You want them to think twice and 4 times before doing this again.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 5th, 2023 at 6:08:53 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Left turning more against Israel by the day.

'Thousands of pro-Palestinian marchers descend upon WH chanting ‘Allahu akbar,’ ‘F–k Joe Biden’ as they demand ceasefire'

'Obama calls for end of 'occupation,' security for Israel, state for Palestinians'
November 5th, 2023 at 6:38:27 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have been very disappointed in this whole scenario. I really don't care about any of the politics, I just want some good entertaining war footage. If they can't keep me entertained, why don't they just stop?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.