Page 4 of 4<1234
October 19th, 2023 at 10:17:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
The thing is, the "Doomsday Clock" WILL ring some day, unless we "wise up."

tick ... tick ... tick ...

If it happens, it happens. I'm Agnostic and die in the end, either way. It's not as if I will be cognizant of the fact that we collectively ended ourselves after it happens.

More than that, human society, as a whole, is not worth preserving. It's not like the loss of us is any great one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 19th, 2023 at 11:23:06 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: Mission146

More than that, human society, as a whole, is not worth preserving. It's not like the loss of us is any great one.

Humans have done some fantastic things

and there are some wonderful humans who sacrifice their lives to help others

unfortunately humans have also always throughout history done some horrible things

I was taught in elementary school that society is a mixture of competition and cooperation

but so many times it seems to swing way over to the competitive side - to beating up on those who people regards as their enemies - and they then cease to have any interest in cooperation

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
October 19th, 2023 at 3:18:11 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I'm of the position that war, in and of itself, is already a crime against humanity and that one would think that our species would be better than war by now.

Evidently, we are not, but I would then say: If there must be war, then there are no war crimes.

Or, if there are, it would be like issuing a murderer a jaywalking ticket because he jaywalked on his way to commit the murder.

I'm of the mind that if you are going to engage in a war, then kill every single one of them and make it known that the same will happen to any who attempt to stand in your way.

Probably the nukes.

If I knew your real name, I would probably vote for you for President.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2023 at 9:48:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
If I knew your real name, I would probably vote for you for President.

I'll let you know as soon as I announce my candidacy.

"In my first 100 days in office, we will either have a compact with every country in the world accepting our unconditional neutrality and free trade...or...well, or you might want to grab onto something on Day 101. Maybe pray, if that's your thing."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 20th, 2023 at 10:21:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'll let you know as soon as I announce my candidacy.

"In my first 100 days in office, we will either have a compact with every country in the world accepting our unconditional neutrality and free trade...or...well, or you might want to grab onto something on Day 101. Maybe pray, if that's your thing."

My only question about day 101. Will several layers of sunscreen protect me from being heavily irradiated or not?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2023 at 10:58:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
My only question about day 101. Will several layers of sunscreen protect me from being heavily irradiated or not?

Maybe name brand?
October 20th, 2023 at 1:02:09 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Maybe name brand?

Should I buy stock in Lead mining compnaies?
October 20th, 2023 at 1:13:17 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: GenoDRPh
Should I buy stock in Lead mining compnaies?

I can't commit the crime of giving insider tips before I even start running for office. Obviously.

Coal. Buy the shizz out of any publicly traded coal company you can find. We're going to have some bargain basement electricity and my state of birth, West Virginia, is going to have a really great four years. I look forward to them becoming a Libertarian stronghold.
October 20th, 2023 at 3:02:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"One World Government:" the only way to avoid self-extinction of humanity.

Unrealistic to hope for such a thing, but oh how different things would be on earth if we were unified politically and socially.
October 20th, 2023 at 6:21:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
"One World Government:" the only way to avoid self-extinction of humanity.

Unrealistic to hope for such a thing, but oh how different things would be on earth if we were unified politically and socially.

I am all for that as long as I get to be Emperor and decide what we are politically and socially.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 4 of 4<1234