Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
source?

Got a source that says otherwise?
January 27th, 2024 at 8:09:10 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: rxwine
...oh and should mention, the cows were shown standing there, and then hoisted up.

If this was filmed in the US at a slaughterhouse, that practice would be highly illegal, as USDA inspectors are present at each and every slaughter to inspect the animals both before and after, and to monitor the slaughter process. I can't comment on what you saw, I can only comment on my own knowledge and what I have seen.
January 27th, 2024 at 8:09:39 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
January 27th, 2024 at 8:17:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Probably not done any longer, but it was a film (an actual film, not video) I saw years ago. A whole row of cows, raised by their back legs and a guy walked along the row slitting their throats.

I have seen videos of cattle slaughter and have participated in the slaughter of cattle, pigs, and chickens. The factory slaughterhouses have the cattle walk in and stun them while seconds later hooking them to the chains, hoisting them on the processing line, at slitting their throats.

Chickens are hung up (or put in comes) and were not stunned prior to having their throats cut when I saw them killed. That may have changed; it has been a while.

I will say that the guy who did the neck slicing reminded me of Charles Manson for some reason...
January 27th, 2024 at 8:19:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: GenoDRPh
Got a source that says otherwise?
you really are the king of deflection

I guess you're thinking "hey, I say that and he'll wonder if that was a reasonable thing to ask" like nobody every asks for a source

I think it's possible that CO2 is so much less expensive that dead mice producers will use that
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 27th, 2024 at 8:37:31 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit
you really are the king of deflection

I guess you're thinking "hey, I say that and he'll wonder if that was a reasonable thing to ask" like nobody every asks for a source

I think it's possible that CO2 is so much less expensive that dead mice producers will use that

I'm the king of pointing out one sided hypocrisy and ignorance. Again, got a source that says otherwise?
January 27th, 2024 at 6:35:39 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
But if we're going to have the death penalty, I think it should be filmed so anyone can watch it.

Indeed.

Letting people view an execution makes sense; not only might there be a deterrent factor, it also could be a good place to party, drink, and meet other like-minded souls.

Back in The Day in Jolly Old England executions were public and drew crowds of revelers.

And let's not forget the betting opportunities.
January 28th, 2024 at 7:42:21 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I'm the king of pointing out one sided hypocrisy and ignorance. Again, got a source that says otherwise?

Certainly accept your statement on hypocrisy since you only ever accept your sides argument. Not sure that qualifies you to throw stones at others ignorance though since you live in a glass house.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 28th, 2024 at 12:52:37 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: kenarman
Certainly accept your statement on hypocrisy since you only ever accept your sides argument. Not sure that qualifies you to throw stones at others ignorance though since you live in a glass house.

One the contrary, as a rational thinking person who flatters himself as somewhat informed about the world around him, I am under no obligation to accept another side other than my own.
January 28th, 2024 at 1:56:29 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
One the contrary, as a rational thinking person who flatters himself as somewhat informed about the world around him, I am under no obligation to accept another side other than my own.

Unfortunately your basic assumption about being informed is faulty. Get out of your bubble, the smell of BS is pretty strong in there.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>