Transgender Issues

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
March 27th, 2024 at 7:36:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
So I said someone should start a Trans thread that doesn't suggest it's about bathrooms. Here it is.

Maybe it shouldnt be me since Mission got the idea I'm obsessed. I think I'm just old enough to not have to worry about consequences. We can debate that.

for the first post, this video. It contains what is surely the previously unseen [by me at least] video of the girl who got clobbered in Nov. 2023 in Mass. playing field hockey against a male. I had searched for this at the time, but I have to think it was the much discussed Woke censorship that prevented me from seeing it. Yes it was not a transgender guy but still relevant, as we can tell by that decision to censor it. [apparently the video got uncensored about a month after the event]

Note that un-named politicians with a different agenda end the video giving this poor lady a hard time. I'm always surprised when its women.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 27th, 2024 at 7:44:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It ain’t just Mission who thinks you’re obsessed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 27th, 2024 at 9:32:52 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
How is playing against a male (who is not transgender) even slightly relevant? She chose to join a coed sport team...

As for the video, this looks like two typical sport injuries where one party happens to be (allegedly) trans. (I don't know anything about either occurrence, and I frankly can't really make out what happened in either, but I am taking her at her word.)

I don't care enough about sports to do this myself, but a good question would be looking at the rates of similiar injuries in the respective sports. And, looking at how many involve trans vs just "natural females...) If the rate is the same or within the range, then this is no more alarming than any other sports injury. When people play sports they get injured, sometimes trans people will be involved if they play sports.....
March 27th, 2024 at 10:52:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Gandler
How is playing against a male (who is not transgender) even slightly relevant? She chose to join a coed sport team...

well, we have to ask Facebook why they thought it was relevant, and thus wouldn't show the video for the longest. Nobody else seemed to have it either when it was timely to have it ... plus I think you are being disingenuous to state that

Quote:
As for the video, this looks like two typical sport injuries where one party happens to be (allegedly) trans. (I don't know anything about either occurrence, and I frankly can't really make out what happened in either, but I am taking her at her word.)

I don't care enough about sports to do this myself, but a good question would be looking at the rates of similiar injuries in the respective sports. And, looking at how many involve trans vs just "natural females...) If the rate is the same or within the range, then this is no more alarming than any other sports injury.
I can't disagree about a study being useful, but see final remarks

Quote:
When people play sports they get injured, sometimes trans people will be involved if they play sports.....
We'll await the study and see

Checking Youtube, I’ve confirmed it is the Mass. field hockey game of November. The situation there is a case of a guy being brought in as a Ringer to play co-ed sports, the team going for a championship... note the formality vs the informality of my day. It’s easy to believe he was told to forget any idea that he should lay off being too rough, but to work hard and play hard in practice as well as games and thereby help develop a winning team. This is another ugly side of sports, caring too much about winning and it usually heavily involves the adults. It’s relevant to the Transgender sports issue because it is a male going all out in a team with females. Maybe this goes on today more than I know. I don’t live in Massachusetts for a reason.

I realized I recognized the basketball player, so I went back to youtube for that too. Definitely a transgender bio-male playing, see video below. Said to have whiskers, maybe the only thing he changed was his name? Massachusetts again.

I think most of us have played some intramural co-ed sports and watched a lot too in the day. Usually very informal and in my day it was understood that the guys would lay off their roughest play and do what they could do to make it safe. I remember clearly once when a young woman was hit in the head with a softball and got a black eye. Turns out she had lost track of the ball and wasn't expecting it to be thrown to her base as it was, in order to get someone out [easy to suspect she had played little ball]. She was soon going around to everybody to get the guy who threw it off the hook, explaining that it was indeed her fault. The guy felt terrible, of course, but the thing was, he was under a lot of scrutiny. He had violated the code? no, all accepted he hadn't, but this had to be examined, you see.

The Transgender basketball player clearly had no such notion about any such code.

March 27th, 2024 at 11:12:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
When I was in 6th grade, there was a 12 year old kid who was 6’2”. He wasn’t any bean pole either. Should he have been allowed to play any contact sports with the rest of us?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 27th, 2024 at 11:34:03 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
When I was in 6th grade, there was a 12 year old kid who was 6’2”. He wasn’t any bean pole either. Should he have been allowed to play any contact sports with the rest of us?

A reasonable compromise would be to move him up to an older age group.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 27th, 2024 at 11:39:16 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
certainly not with any girls
March 27th, 2024 at 11:41:50 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
A reasonable compromise would be to move him up to an older age group.

Why? If he is 12 years old, he gets to play and compete with the other 12 year olds.
March 27th, 2024 at 12:13:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
certainly not with any girls
\

So, as long as boys are injured in a mismatch you're okay with it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 27th, 2024 at 12:23:12 PM permalink
odiousgambit
I'm not going to be drawn into your deflection about big boys and little boys. I'll talk about bio-males competing in sports set aside for females if you want.

Frankly, I can see how their must be out there an argument that Trans-girls need to be able to compete in sports, but I don't buy it. To me that need is of little consequence compared to their real problems. If you are going to make the tremendously impactful decision to change your gender [beyond pronoun changes] you need to focus on other, very real problems.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »