Random Thought of the Day

January 4th, 2019 at 2:34:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I know this will argue EB's case, but the next day I was called a lazy bastard by Mrs. Wizard.

You got off lucky. I was stupid enough
to tell my wife I lost my wallet at Walmart
8 years ago. The name calling that ensued
was epic. I recovered it the next day. To
my relief it was found and turned in with
money and cards intact. Was my wife
apologetic? Noooo, I still lost it, didn't
I?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 4th, 2019 at 2:56:13 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: OnceDear
Are these jabs into muscle or vein? Maybe less risk into muscle?

I assume the muscle. She never seemed to look for a vein and just popped it in there. My son said where the woman put a band-aid was not the same place she injected him.

Quote:
What if any steps were taken to sterilise the needle between jabs? It wouldn't take much effort.

I don't know. There was about a minute between the two of us.

Quote:
Did the medic have you sign any sort of disclaimer?

Yes. I have no idea what it says, but have a copy if anyone cares.

Quote:
How old is Wizard's son again?

Quote:
I commend Flipping the coin for who goes first. Typical Wizard.

Thanks! We resolve a lot of problems and tie votes with a coin flip or rock-paper-scissors. I cannot recall my parents ever doing that. What do other couples do if you're on a long distance drive, you're hungry, and differ on where to eat dinner -- In-n-Out or El Pollo Loco?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 4th, 2019 at 8:32:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Thanks! We resolve a lot of problems and tie votes with a coin flip or rock-paper-scissors. I cannot recall my parents ever doing that. What do other couples do if you're on a long distance drive, you're hungry, and differ on where to eat dinner -- In-n-Out or El Pollo Loco?[/q

I learned from my father when you are on a long distance drive there is no stopping except for gas. If you can't get something to eat there, you should have packed a lunch. No exceptions.

I have an upcoming 38 hour drive, I guarantee there will not be a single stop except for gas and sleeping.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 4th, 2019 at 11:29:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich

I learned from my father when you are on a long distance drive .

Jeez, that was my dad. Pack up the car,
put the luggage rack on the top of
the wagon, bring the picnic basket of
bologna sandwiches, and it was pedal
to the medal until we got there.
17 hours straight sometimes. Good
times.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 4th, 2019 at 11:51:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Cops were thugs?
January 5th, 2019 at 12:03:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
She never seemed to look for a vein and just popped it in there. My son said where the woman put a band-aid was not the same place she injected him.

Jabber 101 training probably puts you on par with street walkers income.
January 8th, 2019 at 12:35:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Saw a road rage video, though it was probably fake, (though looked like a foreign country so maybe not). First guy gets out of his car grabbing a stick from the back seat looking like he is going to beat the crap out of the other driver. Guy in front car gets out holding a large automatic weapon. Flash black to first guy again, now he is tapping stick like blind man and walking like he can't see.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2019 at 9:36:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Well, the problem of trans-g women, née men, invading lady's bathrooms in North Carolina has not gone the way I expected

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/two-women-sexually-assaulted-trans-woman-north-carolina-bathroom-police-n956671
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 12th, 2019 at 11:26:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Meme

Quote:
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2019 at 5:29:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit
Well, the problem of trans-g women, née men, invading lady's bathrooms in North Carolina has not gone the way I expected

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/two-women-sexually-assaulted-trans-woman-north-carolina-bathroom-police-n956671

Of course we will never know what happened here. Did the two women 'attackers' ask the person with a dick to please leave the bathroom? That having a person with a dick next to them in the ladies room made them feel uncomfortable?
Most likely the two women are in the wrong, as women's bathrooms have individual stalls so to me there is no big deal if regular men went in there, actually.
I would like more details on what the 'sexual assault' consisted of. Did they grab the woman's penis? Or is this a transgender who has already had her penis lopped off?