Random Thought of the Day

July 24th, 2023 at 3:16:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
The recent batch of Lefties are said to be much more anti-free speech

And now we have RXwine's feelings about it just to show what side he is on

I think it's a reflection that too many people think they paid for that microphone when they didn't. Riffing off Reagan's line where he did pay for the speakers to speak.. But every buffoon thinks they have a right to paid platforms when they're not paying anything.

That was conservative view of a Supreme court decision that speech is money.

I'd still be fine if it was free, but I didn't make that decision.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 24th, 2023 at 3:28:50 PM permalink
rxwine
My biggest issue is complaints of censorship "when you didn't pay for that microphone'. You weren't censored according to the Conservative view of speech is money. And free speech doesn't require truth be adhered to by any news agency you hate. That's the way conservatives want it, and I'd surprised when they talk about censorship, because what they don't understand what they wanted, but they're getting exactly what they wanted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 24th, 2023 at 3:31:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Mainstream media can lie to you every day and never represent your views if they desire. Stop complaining. That's what you wanted when speech is money.
July 24th, 2023 at 4:51:07 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
My biggest issue is complaints of censorship "when you didn't pay for that microphone'. You weren't censored according to the Conservative view of speech is money. And free speech doesn't require truth be adhered to by any news agency you hate. That's the way conservatives want it, and I'd surprised when they talk about censorship, because what they don't understand what they wanted, but they're getting exactly what they wanted.

You have missed completely the current problem of censorship. We are not talking about media owners choosing what they publish or air. The major censorship issue is that the FBI and other government agencies were not allowing media to publish true stories about .GOV and were making up false stories about .GOV opposition and presenting them to the media as true.

We are used to, and unfortunately expect, politicians to lie/hide stories to further their political ambitions. When the government uses the law enforcement agencies to do this your country has become just another fascist dictatorship.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 24th, 2023 at 5:01:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
You have missed completely the current problem of censorship. We are not talking about media owners choosing what they publish or air. The major censorship issue is that the FBI and other government agencies were not allowing media to publish true stories about .GOV and were making up false stories about .GOV opposition and presenting them to the media as true.

We are used to, and unfortunately expect, politicians to lie/hide stories to further their political ambitions. When the government uses the law enforcement agencies to do this your country has become just another fascist dictatorship.

Which Fox News stories did the FBI censor?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 31st, 2023 at 4:46:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Rant time. Drove to Canada today for golf at Cherry Hill CC. Peace Bridge had zero car backup going into Canada. The rate limiting factor is always the number of Customs Agents on duty. So immediate service. On way back Americans only had 4 of 12 booths manned. Sat in traffic for over an hour. Until we got to booth and it took just a few seconds to show our ID and be on our way. Hundreds of cars idling away. Just because we spend billions of dollars on border stuff but can’t hire enough people to staff the entryway.
I hadn’t crossed for a long time. Forgot the misery of waiting in the car line.
July 31st, 2023 at 10:36:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I'm flying from Portland to new Hampshire and am still surprised at the price I paid for air fare and a rental car.

The airfare was cheaper than I thought: a hair over five hundred, round trip, but the car rental: Christ on a crutch, over a grand for 14 days driving a Corolla or comparable.
July 31st, 2023 at 10:48:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
I'm flying from Portland to new Hampshire and am still surprised at the price I paid for air fare and a rental car.

The airfare was cheaper than I thought: a hair over five hundred, round trip, but the car rental: Christ on a crutch, over a grand for 14 days driving a Corolla or comparable.

It might have been cheaper just to Uber it for 14 days depending on how much you need to drive there.
July 31st, 2023 at 10:55:12 PM permalink
rxwine
About a month ago I was driving South on I-75 and stopped at Sunoco/slash convenience store in Bushnell Fl. There was a rooster hanging out in front of the store. He wasn't bothered by people walking past him.

Today, driving south, I stopped there again. Same rooster hanging out at that store. I think it's a panhandler rooster.

Also, near where I live there is a retention pond. All month, there has been one duck there. No other ducks. Just one.
August 3rd, 2023 at 9:49:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I laughed.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman