Random Thought of the Day

Page 392 of 393« First<389390391392393>
March 10th, 2024 at 11:10:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
There was a recent drowning of 3 people near me who accidentally drove into a pond, not realizing they needed to get out fast I guess. To not be able to open a door must be something to do with unequalized pressure, which an open window would alleviate

other interesting things in this article, under a paywall though, sorry

>>>

Quote:
A driver has about one minute to get out of a car sinking into water.... a driver could crank down the window to get out [in the old days] ... In newer cars ... the driver might have seconds to push the button to roll the window down before the water level rises too high. After that, the only mode of exit would be by breaking it, say auto safety experts...[safety glass being] nearly impossible to break underwater, according to testing done by the American Automobile Association... Due to the pressure of the water, it would be nearly impossible to open a submerged car door.

https://www.wsj.com/real-estate/angela-chao-death-texas-tesla-safety-c435daa0?mod=hp_trending_now_article_pos1
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 10th, 2024 at 12:32:13 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
There was a recent drowning of 3 people near me who accidentally drove into a pond, not realizing they needed to get out fast I guess. To not be able to open a door must be something to do with unequalized pressure, which an open window would alleviate

other interesting things in this article, under a paywall though, sorry

>>>

Quote:
A driver has about one minute to get out of a car sinking into water.... a driver could crank down the window to get out [in the old days] ... In newer cars ... the driver might have seconds to push the button to roll the window down before the water level rises too high. After that, the only mode of exit would be by breaking it, say auto safety experts...[safety glass being] nearly impossible to break underwater, according to testing done by the American Automobile Association... Due to the pressure of the water, it would be nearly impossible to open a submerged car door.

https://www.wsj.com/real-estate/angela-chao-death-texas-tesla-safety-c435daa0?mod=hp_trending_now_article_pos1

In the old days, we were also taught to open the air vents to let water in to equalize the pressure. Is that still good advice?
March 10th, 2024 at 12:43:20 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: GenoDRPh
In the old days, we were also taught to open the air vents to let water in to equalize the pressure. Is that still good advice?
air vents? I think I know what you are referring to, but like the window, better have that done immediately before the electrical motors quit working
March 12th, 2024 at 5:23:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
shame on me for enjoying this too much!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1608806539859483
March 13th, 2024 at 6:59:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There was a study on the attractiveness of scrotums. Ratings of 2 for positive and -2 for negative. All scrotums were rated in the negative. So save your money on the "scrotox" (botox) for the scrotum.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 19th, 2024 at 10:55:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I've had an amazingly difficult time figuring out how many seasons there are for "the night manager" [Brit TV]

there's either only one, or there are two but the first one is the only one available now, or there is only one but they were going to make a second one, but didn't, so they still refer to the only one as 'season one'

and I think there is an Indian version with different actors

I'm sure I could nail this down if I wanted to spend hours and hours, maybe even make phone calls like in the old days .. or maybe pay for 'pro' at IMDB.com
March 19th, 2024 at 7:38:08 PM permalink
rxwine
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 31st, 2024 at 4:56:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
It's been about a year since PacoMartin even visited this site

anybody know what happened with him?
March 31st, 2024 at 6:26:40 AM permalink
rxwine

He visited last same day as Petroglyph disappeared. Coincidence? I don't know.
March 31st, 2024 at 8:11:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I don't follow as close as others and did not realize that he was gone. He was a great intelligent poster.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 392 of 393« First<389390391392393>