No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

September 2nd, 2013 at 5:24:13 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: aceofspades
Admirin' those sweet 'staches!

I've had a mustache off and on through the years, which looked the one on the cowboy.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 2nd, 2013 at 5:34:45 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Wizard
I've had a mustache off and on through the years, which looked the one on the cowboy.

You should grow one like the motorcycle guy!
September 2nd, 2013 at 5:43:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
You should grow one like the motorcycle guy!

Not that I wouldn't like to, but I wouldn't be able to. My facial hair is very patchy.
September 3rd, 2013 at 4:48:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Even though the actor playing the "Indian" was ethnically Italian

Chief Jay Strongbow was Polish but used an Indian gimmick in professional wrestling over 40 years.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2013 at 7:36:16 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Well back to my whale story. Whales get trapped by ice. It has nothing to do with the destruction that mankind did on the various species of whales for baleen, meat, and oil. But we have a collective guilt, so much to the point that it affects international relationships.

Maybe. But whales, and even more so dolphins, are pretty much harmless animals which don't hurt us at all. Mice and rats are dangerous parasites who have wrought havoc, directly and indirectly, on human civilization for as long as we've existed. They're not timid, innocent, little creatures like, say, rabbits or squirrels. A mouse or rat won't hesitate to approach a sleeping human, for example, if it finds reason to do so. And before you dismiss one lone rodent as dangerous, remember they carry all kinds of disease, in particular rabies, and their teeth can cut through wood and rock.

Now, despite our best efforts, we'll have these parasites with us for the rest of time. They reproduce too easily, adapt too readily, and find too much sustenance among us. Maybe if we could develop a competing species to take their niche, but even then we'd just wind up with a different kind of parasite.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 3rd, 2013 at 7:42:19 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I remembered a television show about a mouse plague in Australia - luckily I found the video

Discovery "mouse plague"
September 3rd, 2013 at 8:17:41 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Nareed
Maybe if we could develop a competing species to take their niche, but even then we'd just wind up with a different kind of parasite.

What about cats? Another reason they shouldn't have stopped the subway, as those cats probably eat mice.
September 3rd, 2013 at 7:30:56 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I voted that they should not have stopped the subway. The cats are good at keeping down vermin, though. I own a rescue dog, but even so, the cats are fine at surviving the dangers of their habitat or they wouldn't be down there.

PS: first post here, didn't realize so many interesting people worked both sites.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
September 6th, 2013 at 3:42:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
No need to view it from a species point of view,,,, of and in itself it is a public relations act.

Similar to the time Japanese police showed up and stopped traffic on an eight lane highway to let a goose take her goslings from a nest at a water fountain to a nearby lake. It makes the evening news when motorists stop.
Page 3 of 3<123