October 28th, 2012 at 12:15:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Dodge has brought back the Dart.. 2.4L engine
with a 6 speed manual tranny? I bet its very
quick. I had a 62 Dart convertible in the late
60's, loved it.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2012 at 2:42:54 PM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
The original Dodge Dart was a real car-lover's car. One of the guys from Car Talk drives one:

I hope they did a good job with the new one. I had a Dodge Neon for a while, and while it had a bad reputation in the public, it was actually a real nice car and you still see a lot of them on the roads. American mfrs. are building good small cars for the first time in maybe ever.
October 28th, 2012 at 2:57:04 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Dodge has brought back the Dart.

Looks like a Neon with a face lift and a trip to the gym. The more powerful engine will probably just increase it's appetite for head gaskets.

Quote: theodores
I had a Dodge Neon for a while, and while it had a bad reputation in the public.

A well deserved bad reputation. If yours didn't have constant problems you must have been very lucky. Many Dodge products have lower prices than their competition in the same class. This is for a very good reason. They WILL get that extra money (and probably then some) over the life of the car... unless you end that life prematurely by tipping it into a ditch.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 28th, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: theodores
I hope they did a good job with the new one. I had a Dodge Neon for a while, and while it had a bad reputation in the public, it was actually a real nice car and you still see a lot of them on the roads. American mfrs. are building good small cars for the first time in maybe ever.

I used to like the old Darts b elieve it or not. Good solid car they were. Buddy had a Demon and kind of refused to believe it was the same car as the Duster, insisted there was something special because it was a Dodge. Lets not forget, Al Bundy drove a Dart!

The new one is a Fiat/Alfa Romeo base. I will not even consider a Mopar product after my last one and experiences od some friends and family. I do wish them luck, though.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2012 at 3:08:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
My 62 looked just like the one below. It had a slant
6, but you could get it with a dual quad 440 if you
wanted. This was considered a 'small' car in 62, it
bigger than the biggest sedan's now.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2012 at 3:24:39 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
The new one is a Fiat/Alfa Romeo base.

Even more reason to avoid. Sure, I love Italian sports cars but there's a reason Fiat, etc. pulled out of the US market in the 80's, they couldn't build cars that Americans didn't destroy simply by driving like Americans. Much too delicate. I can only assume Fiat's return with their version of the Smart car is because they think we'd rather be crushed by an SUV than pay high gas prices.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 28th, 2012 at 4:13:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
Even more reason to avoid. Sure, I love Italian sports cars but there's a reason Fiat, etc. pulled out of the US market in the 80's, they couldn't build cars that Americans didn't destroy simply by driving like Americans. Much too delicate. I can only assume Fiat's return with their version of the Smart car is because they think we'd rather be crushed by an SUV than pay high gas prices.

Fix
It
Again
Tony

I assume by "their version of Smart" you mean the 500?
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2012 at 4:52:35 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
They should bring back Plymouth (and then DeSoto)
October 28th, 2012 at 5:11:42 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: s2dbaker

NO! Because then they'll rebrand some shit-box as "Cuda" and I'll go completely off the rails
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 28th, 2012 at 5:30:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: s2dbaker

I bought 67 Plymouth in 1972 for 50 bucks,
drove it for a year and sold it for 50 bucks.
Lokked just like this only it had rust. 383,
went like a raped ape, as we would say in'72..

Page 1 of 3123>