Yet another fashion thread

Page 2 of 2<12
November 8th, 2013 at 11:05:15 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Damn and blast. Cowboy boots won't be no good in a Buffalo winter. I guess, much like my sneakers and suit combo, I'll just have to blaze a new trail in fashion =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 8th, 2013 at 11:23:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Damn and blast. Cowboy boots won't be no good in a Buffalo winter. I guess, much like my sneakers and suit combo, I'll just have to blaze a new trail in fashion =p

I assume you're not the only man in Buffalo who wears a suit. So why don't you find what the others wear? In any case, I'd rather see boots than sneakers paired with a suit.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 8th, 2013 at 11:42:32 AM permalink
Face
They're all masochists that just wear dress shoes. That ain't for me. Cold hands and feet are near the top of my list of things I absolutely despise.

Thanks for the help, anyways =)
November 8th, 2013 at 11:56:52 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Face
They're all masochists that just wear dress shoes.

Try 5" heels some time, then we can talk about masochism :)

Here's a thought: get a few nice, thick, thick, thickk pairs of woolen socks and buy larger shoes. Just don't guess, try the shoes on with the socks to check for fit. The one reason I don't buy shoes online is I can't try them on.
November 8th, 2013 at 1:23:13 PM permalink
Face
Quote: Nareed
Try 5" heels some time, then we can talk about masochism :)

Here's a thought: get a few nice, thick, thick, thickk pairs of woolen socks and buy larger shoes. Just don't guess, try the shoes on with the socks to check for fit. The one reason I don't buy shoes online is I can't try them on.

Impossible. You'd think that after 14 years of hockey, I might be somewhat ahead of the curve when it comes to heels. Nope. I put one on as a joke and damn near broke my ankle. I looked like a baby horse, like... well, like a dude in heels ;)
December 26th, 2014 at 11:53:14 AM permalink
Nareed
Lately coture rentals are all the rage. It started with purses, but now there are dozens of businesses which rent out gowns, accessories and even shoes. It makes good sense. These items are expensive and many women won't have much occasion to wear them. Also one can wear different dresses to different things. You pay insurance just in case of a major disaster, so there are few worries.

Anyway, some of these places sell their discontinued merchandise from time to time. Last week I got email from one of these for just such a sale. After a false start clicking on the wrong link, on Saturday I got in. I found a lovely, if understated gown for under $100 including shipping. On impulse, more or less, I snapped it.

It arrived Wednesday 24th. It fits me perfectly!
January 4th, 2016 at 7:05:26 AM permalink
Nareed
I scored another designer gown for a ridiculously low price.

The problem was they had three dresses I liked, but I could only get one (oh, I could have gotten all three, but that's overkill). So I posted all three on Pinterest and went with the one repined most :)
Page 2 of 2<12