February

Page 2 of 2<12
February 17th, 2014 at 10:17:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face
But I have dawn. I'm up before the sun 5 days a week. I guess I just don't like what I see when it finally rises.
You sleep in a dark room... then you get up and move about... in bright light or dim light? If its in bright light...then you have not had a dawn.

>Seems like being a pirate is totally +EV =)
Ah but the yacht that was adrift made it all the way without being spotted by pirates. It came ashore in Venezuela where the Coast Guard and Police seem to have looted it of anything valuable. In the 700 miles that it drifted, anyone who spotted it could have legally boarded the vessel on the high seas and claimed salvors rights to the vessel. Imagine legally having your own forty foot sailboat in the tropics and not having to have paid for it.

As it happens the owner now has a useless hulk on the beach and despite having sailed itself for 700 miles, it won't even float now that the looters have picked it clean. The owner had hired a search plane and borrowed a chase yacht but they couldn't find the boat. I have no idea what his insurance policy will cover. It wasn't stolen, he perhaps was too drunk to tie it up properly.
February 17th, 2014 at 11:53:19 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Face

Hearing someone say "Whelp, it'll be over soon! It's the shortest month!" doesn't even make me angry. I can't even be bothered to have a reaction.

Quote: Mission146
You picked a good month to hate, insofar as it is the one which is over the fastest.

XD

Quote: Fleastiff
You sleep in a dark room... then you get up and move about... in bright light or dim light? If its in bright light...then you have not had a dawn.

Nope. I only use the indoor lights for cooking or when my son is here. I usually get up in the dark, read, and the only light is that of my phone or the dawning sun.

I did hit the tanning beds... no difference. It was slightly nice inside what with the brightness, the breeze, and the feeling of radiant heat, but it was nothing to write home about.

Quote: FleaStiff

Ah but the yacht that was adrift made it all the way without being spotted by pirates. It came ashore in Venezuela where the Coast Guard and Police seem to have looted it of anything valuable. In the 700 miles that it drifted, anyone who spotted it could have legally boarded the vessel on the high seas and claimed salvors rights to the vessel. Imagine legally having your own forty foot sailboat in the tropics and not having to have paid for it.

I heard of a bunch of people meeting this same fate here. As I've posted in Fishing With Face, we get hellacious flooding. My neighbor came home one night with a beat up sailboat he pillaged from the mess. Was a good 25'-30'. A part of me wonders how that's legal in my case, but I've heard many instances of it happening.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 17th, 2014 at 2:22:48 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sounds like your neighbor stole the boat. Different laws apply when the boat is on the High Seas and in distress, particularly if no humans are aboard. In England the law used to be no humans or animals.
Page 2 of 2<12