Malaysian Jet

April 11th, 2014 at 10:36:50 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
In normal operations, yes. One theory is that "Something Happened" and although some interpret it as "Conspirator Pilot Makes Evasive Turn to Avoid Surveillance", I think perhaps it should be interpreted as "Pilot suddenly opts to head for nearest long runway with a clear approach path". I am assuming that "Situation X" took place and was or at least appeared to be massive and critical. As a response to Situation X, of flurry of error messages that suggested Situation X, cockpit crew members started pulling every circuit breaker they could see, feel or thought might be there. This mad major shedding of electrical load to isolate a problem and restore reliable instrumentation is somehow theorized to have impacted cockpit oxygen systems, not ambient cockpit air.

Recall perhaps the maintenance firm that didn't know the difference between supplying supplemental AIR to a mask and supplemental OXYGEN to a mask? How about an oxygen bottle in the cockpit chock full of carbon monoxide due to mislabeling and a repairman forcing the connectors to mate? One line man fought with a nozzle for almost an hour before he could put jet fuel into a turbo charged Continental since he thought "turbo'' meant "turbojet".

So the well trained pilot simply perceived that "all hell was breaking loose", elected to immediate select a course for a direct approach to nearest runway not obstructed by mountainous terrain, switched to full cockpit oxygen and soon started getting slap happy and played pattycakes with the co-pilot as they deeply inhaled their carbon monoxide.

Flea, I respect you very much, but I think you're having to reach for a very unlikely explanation to make this theory hold together. Mislabeled canisters of poison with a forced coupling on mis-fit valves? Do they even put carbon monoxide in tanks? I genuinely don't know, but what would they use it for?

The cockpit shares the main cabin air. They have supplemental oxygen flowing in the masks while the aircraft is underway. On a 2 man crew, if one goes to the bathroom, the other is required to go on oxygen, but otherwise, they breathe cabin air. The standard now is to lock the cockpit door, but the head flight attendant has a key. I just don't see this being inadvertent. If something happened where they had to divert, it would be incredibly odd for them not to tell ATC, if only to make sure they weren't diverting into a midair. Unless it was a deliberate act.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 11th, 2014 at 10:44:03 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Why would a jet with everyone dead follow this path?
April 11th, 2014 at 10:50:23 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Pacomartin

Why would a jet with everyone dead follow this path?

Is that the entire flight path?

Maybe it's ignorance of geography, but that doesn't look long enough to drain fuel tanks. Looks about the length of the US, measured from Bangor to San Diego...

Big plane can do that no problem, no?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 12th, 2014 at 12:26:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Plenty of mystery about this flight. Probably enough to make a whole book one day and or movie. Definitely with a detective edge to it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2014 at 12:43:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
but I think you're having to reach for a very unlikely explanation to make this theory hold together.
Yes, I admit I am indeed "going large a bit". What I am seizing on is the sequence Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. Assuming that something happened such as immediate and overwhelming indications of an onboard electrical fire, the pilots did just what they were supposed to do and when it got to point where they might want to grab the mike for the "communicate" portion of the sequence they find they are still overwhelmingly busy and lacking in power to radios and antennas.

What about hydrocarbon intoxication that a fighter pilot may sometimes encounter during refueling operations.
April 12th, 2014 at 1:17:15 AM permalink
rxwine
a very unlikely explanation

The plane was full of snakes?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2014 at 1:36:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Face
Is that the entire flight path?

Maybe it's ignorance of geography, but that doesn't look long enough to drain fuel tanks. Looks about the length of the US, measured from Bangor to San Diego...

Big plane can do that no problem, no?

Kuala Lumpur to Beijing is the same as Boston to San Francisco (2700 miles).

I think the Boeing 767ER that hit World Trade Center one had a capacity of 24,000 gallons but was carrying roughly 10,000 gallons. That was on a BOS-LAX (2600 miles) flight.

It would not be very cost effective to fill the plane completely with fuel, just to fly the fuel as dead weight.
April 12th, 2014 at 1:40:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Pacomartin

I think another explanation that could explain this is a pilot successfully fooling a hijacker, and avoiding flying into a designated target. He crashed, but avoided something worse.
April 12th, 2014 at 2:08:19 AM permalink
Pacomartin
At 35 days they are already over the required battery life.
April 12th, 2014 at 8:41:16 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0

second-best-case scenario, after alive and landed somewhere for some purpose (which is still what I think).
Australian PM swears on a stack of Bibles that they have pings from this plane and are within kilometers, so traingulating as best they can to narrow down and then send submersibles. Landed somewhere seems to be an excluded scenario if the former is true.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!