Favorite Discontinued Foods?

Page 2 of 2<12
October 31st, 2012 at 6:23:46 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
This was pure gritty salty goodness. Discontinued about ten years ago.

I don't think this cereal has been around for 25 years, but I still look for it on occasion.

I can't find any images, but Marie Callendar's frozen dinners: Dill Salmon and Penne Pasta, cancelled about 6 years ago, and Pasta with Sausage, gone in the mid-90's. I could make them at home, but for $2 each, they were perfect to take to work for lunch.

Here's another I loved growing up in Texas, but can't find since I moved out west:

October 31st, 2012 at 7:01:25 AM permalink
blount2000
Threads: 5
Quote: zippyboy
Here's another I loved growing up in Texas, but can't find since I moved out west:

I enjoyed the Night Hawk dinners as well when I lived in Texas. My favorite was the Steak 'n Mac which came with a small packet of steak sauce that was kinda yellow and buttery. I think it contained at least a full day's allocation of sodium, but it tasted mighty fine!

October 31st, 2012 at 4:16:16 PM permalink
johnnyq
Threads: 1
Grapefruit flavored Tang.

What is the easiest way to post a picture ?
October 31st, 2012 at 4:25:54 PM permalink
rdw4potus
Threads: 10
Quote: johnnyq
Grapefruit flavored Tang.

What is the easiest way to post a picture ?

If the picture is online, just find it's address - usually ending in .jpg - and write (img=webaddress.jpg) Replace the parenthesis with brackets. If the image isn't already online, you can upload it to a free service like Photobucket and then do the img= linking here.
I'm not wearing any pants, film at 11
October 31st, 2012 at 4:26:48 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I forgot, one thing that's gone in Mexico is soy-based egg substitute. It was kind of big for a while, with stores importing it from the states and then some local egg producers launching their own verions. But then it disappeared. It didn't quite taste like egg, but ti was near-zero fat and completely zero cholesterol.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 1st, 2012 at 6:07:29 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Velamints? Yeah, those were great. The chocolate flavor was identical to the chocolate flavor of cleaner that a dentist would use.

About 15 years ago, Thomas has an onion flavor English muffin. Perfect for burgers off the grill.

About 2 to 3 years ago, Burger King had Cheezy Tots. They were great! The local BK manager told me the were very popular but not profitable. So corporate discontinued them rather than increase the price. Sigh...
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
Page 2 of 2<12