In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 16th, 2020 at 11:36:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I am an Eagle Scout and well aware of the incidents.

My son is an Eagle Scout too. BSA is a Great organization.

June 16th, 2020 at 11:52:23 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
You claim they are straight. But a guy going with another male is by definition homosexual/gay. It is science! Why do you deny science?
+1,000

Yep, the libbies only listen to "science" when it suits their needs.

Libbies believe that Bruce Jenner can change his Y chromosome by simply putting on a dress even though science says No!
Libbies believe that unborn babies are just a clump of cells even though science says they have their own unique DNA.
Libbies believe that the coronavirus has a brain & will attack people at a Trump rally but not people who are protesting rioting & looting.

And the list goes on......... 🙄
June 16th, 2020 at 12:11:43 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I guess I'm not really a, "Libbie," but, "Lib," is in the name, so I'll address these.

Quote: Shrek

Libbies believe that Bruce Jenner can change his Y chromosome by simply putting on a dress even though science says No!

I think biology exists. I just don't give a s*** what Bruce Jenner does. It's his body, so he can do whatever he wants with it...whether it be winning Olympic medals or having his peepee chopped off. As long as it's not my peepee, it's not my business.

EDIT: Excuse me, her peepee.

Quote:
Libbies believe that unborn babies are just a clump of cells even though science says they have their own unique DNA.

That's not true, in my case. I believe they have their own unique DNA; I just don't care. Not my pregnancy, not my business.

Quote:
Libbies believe that the coronavirus has a brain & will attack people at a Trump rally but not people who are protesting rioting & looting.

And the list goes on......... 🙄

I think if you would prefer not to spread the virus to people, in the event you do have it, then you should wear a mask. Particularly if the business you are entering requires you to do so anyway. I don't think anyone should be forced to wear a mask by the Government, but if a business demands it, then it's just free association and a barrier to entry.

I hear, "Mask-shaming," is becoming a thing in places where it's not strictly required, and that's kind of dumb. Working with the best medical information I can find, and my limited understanding of it, I conclude that I should wear a mask for no other reason than in case I happened to have it. Besides that, everywhere indoors in this state requires it, anyway.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 16th, 2020 at 12:14:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

This is the most baffling because
they really believe the public is
that stupid. And the rally will be
for a few hours, people were rioting
for 10 days for hours at a time.
I'm not seeing hospitals filling
up yet, and they would be if it had
spread the virus to any extent.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 16th, 2020 at 12:32:28 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
The evidence is that they are a male trying to have sex with another male. That is the definition of homosexual/gay.

Is there something special that happens biologically between age 17 and age 18?
I don't know what the libbies are arguing about. I've always heard people refer to "pedophiles" as being gay, not straight. I've never heard of that word being applied to straight guys. *shrug
June 16th, 2020 at 12:41:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

The problem in my eyes is they chose to cover up abuse instead of reporting it and therefore prevent further abuse.
I find that astounding.
I find or hear or see a hint of abuse, I report it. It's a no brainer too me. How can you look the other way. I am just shocked. These are kids. If you don't report it, you yourself are a monster. Even hardened convicts get it, pedophiles are the of worst of the worst yet the BSA did not get it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 16th, 2020 at 12:49:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
The problem in my eyes is they chose to cover up abuse instead of reporting it and therefore prevent further abuse.
I find that astounding.
I find or hear or see a hint of abuse, I report it. It's a no brainer too me. How can you look the other way. I am just shocked. These are kids. If you don't report it, you yourself are a monster. Even hardened convicts get it, pedophiles are the of worst of the worst yet the BSA did not get it

Nor did the Catholic Church. Several other individual churches, though perhaps not denominational hierarchies, have also tried to handle such affairs in house.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 16th, 2020 at 1:00:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Nor did the Catholic Church. Several other individual churches, though perhaps not denominational hierarchies, have also tried to handle such affairs in house.

I assume some thought God would cure the abusers and so they were just moved around. At least I could see that happening, I mean, aside from the enablers and other abusers who aided them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 16th, 2020 at 1:18:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko

Agree 100%.

I don’t care what the haters here say.

Great organization for young people. Great way to learn survival skills, navigations skills, leadership skills, emergency response skills, I could go on for hours about the potential classs and skills learned.

Probably the best program you can do before 18. Eagle Scout looks great on resumes and applications to schools. Even the military starts Eagle Scouts at a higher rank (because many of the skills overlap as far as land nav and survival training, leadership, etc....)

I agree that the cover up was terrible, but reforms were made and many of the old guard were thrown out (and arrested). Nobody is here to defend sex offensers..... But, I will always be a fan of BSA, even if I hate their policy on atheists....
June 16th, 2020 at 1:33:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

Agree 100%.

I don’t care what the haters here say.

Great organization for young people. Great way to learn survival skills, navigations skills, leadership skills, emergency response skills, I could go on for hours about the potential classs and skills learned.

Great way to learn how to be a survivor, did you say?

Quote:
Probably the best program you can do before 18. Eagle Scout looks great on resumes and applications to schools. Even the military starts Eagle Scouts at a higher rank (because many of the skills overlap as far as land nav and survival training, leadership, etc....)

I agree that the cover up was terrible, but reforms were made and many of the old guard were thrown out (and arrested). Nobody is here to defend sex offensers..... But, I will always be a fan of BSA, even if I hate their policy on atheists....

I guess that could be true, but as one who has managed a few different places, I'd look at that on a resume and ask myself, "Why the hell is this on here?"

Maybe they are concerned that Atheists are more likely to report direct crimes against children or other untowardly behavior. Also, the markets are totally different. One area I'm aware of, the BSA chapter---or whatever the hell you call it---is all but inseparable from one of the local churches. You wouldn't know if you were at an event for one or the other.