In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 18th, 2020 at 12:41:08 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
and would guess there are millions who have made similar posts about him on 'social media'.
Also it's no different than police being on the safe side and arresting someone for saying they will blow up the bathroom
They did it just to err on the side of caution.

Just show me one post of someone who has said this. I can't find anyone who says stuff like this:

Quote: ams288
Donald Trump is a festering piece of sh*t.

I hope very bad things happen to him and his entire family. They are the lowest of the low. Truly awful human beings. Nothing redeemable about a single one of them.
September 18th, 2020 at 12:45:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Where’s the threat? 😎

“Very bad things” does not mean violence.

For the Trump family, “bad things” includes public financial audits, IQ tests, STD tests, and (for Don Jr. at least) drug tests.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 18th, 2020 at 2:20:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Where’s the threat? 😎

For the Trump family, “bad things” includes public financial audits, IQ tests, STD tests, and (for Don Jr. at least) drug tests.

Seems okay to me. You can wish him chronic diarrhea into his Depends and be perfectly within bounds and not get a visit from the Secret Service. I am not a lawyer though.

Title 18, Section 871.[1][2][3][4] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the president of the United States". This also includes presidential candidates and former presidents.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 18th, 2020 at 2:24:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Over 100 cops have left the Minneapolis
PD since the city council defunded them.
The crime rate has gone up hugely. It's
so bad that if you get mugged, or have
your car stolen, or your house broken
into, no cop will show up. The police are
warning people that when they leave
their homes they should 'expect' to be
robbed and should just cooperate and give
them what they want.

The PD and the city council are barraged
daily with calls from irate citizens. What
the hell did they think was gonna happen.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 18th, 2020 at 2:28:27 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
them what they want.

Exactly
lol

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/516702-minneapolis-lawmakers-residents-are-feeling-terrorized-say-police
September 18th, 2020 at 2:32:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
them what they want.

Correct. People do not realize how crazy these far left liberals are. I doubt they stop voting Democrat in the city though.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2020 at 2:40:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Where’s the threat? 😎

I can't see how this is a threat. I don't agree with the statement and I would never say it.

But, everyone who is even somewhat famous has had said of them "I hope bad things happen to them" (whether they release an album people don't like, make a statement people don't like etc.....) , I am sure there are 10000000 posts on Facebook, Twitter, random forums, etc... far more vicious than that.

Heck, I am not even a marginally important person, and today alone I have was told twice that I hope bad things happen to me (or a similar more vulgar variant) for determinations people did not like -to my face, not online- (and this was a slow day)....

Saying, "I hope bad things happen" to Person X is basically a viscous way to say that you don't like them.

Just like that video of that woman saying "This is why cops like you get shot", after receiving a speeding ticket in a school zone went viral with people saying she should be charged with (threats I guess?), but the department said merely saying or wishing harm to somebody is not the same as directly saying you will harm them, IE "I will make sure I get you back for this speeding ticket" , etc.... Good decisions (even though she was clearly a mean lady and poor motorist).

The point is if the Secret Service responded to every post where somebody says "I hope bad things happen to President X" (and then fan out even further to the other people and figures they are responsible for protecting, VP X, etc....) they would need thousands more agents, and still would not be able to cover it....
The idea that the secret service is following up with his screenshots is laughable....

To summarize, its definitely not a threat (certainly not legally). But, its not a nice thing to say, and there are literally endless things to legitimately criticize Trump on without wishing bad things upon him or his family. I personally believe the best way to win people over is ideas and building bridges, not wishing ill fortune.
September 18th, 2020 at 3:33:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Anyone following the Assange trial? https://thesaker.is/julian-assange-trial-the-mask-of-empire-has-fallen/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 18th, 2020 at 3:52:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: petroglyph

No, but the site's tag line "stop the empire's war on Russia" .....

I am not sure that is a reputable source....
September 18th, 2020 at 4:00:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
No, but the site's tag line "stop the empire's war on Russia" .....

I am not sure that is a reputable source....
"By Pepe Escobar with permission from the author and first posted at Asia Times" I'm locked out of the Asia Times.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW