In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 20th, 2021 at 8:11:40 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
What's shocking and horrifying is the number of people who believe this stuff.

https://www.npr.org/sections/inauguration-day-live-updates/2021/01/20/958907699/the-qanon-storm-never-struck-some-supporters-are-wavering-others-steadfast

Quote:
A recent NPR/Ipsos poll found that 17% of Americans believe that a group of Satan-worshipping, child-enslaving elites is trying to control the world, and another 37% aren't sure about the false allegation. And two women who have expressed some support for QAnon, Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene, are now sitting members of Congress.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 21st, 2021 at 2:46:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
You don't get it. Nothing happened
ANYWHERE. It was a big nothingburger.
Since when did heightened security
totally even dissuade dedicated
protests. Since never. Security gives
assured publicity to your cause. The
truth is, MAGA people don't do violence,
that's for Antifa/BLM wearing MAGA
hats. Like on Jan 6th.

Nothing anywhere?

Far-left, anti-police demonstrators smashed windows at the Democratic Party of Oregon building in Northeast Portland Wednesday afternoon. The vandalism took place just hours following President Joe Biden's inauguration.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2021 at 2:52:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I read the new admin is already
sweating bullets that they won't
be able to get the same economy
Trump had, because that's what
the people will expect. A real clue
would be, don't immediately shut
down thousands of high paying
jobs by stopping the wall, canceling
the pipeline, and banning any new
fracking. Those are tank the economy
moves, duh.

Thinking about it and seeing I predict Biden's actions will set the USA on a course of a lost decade similar to what Japan had in the 1990s, and ever since for that matter.

The parallels are interesting. Booming economy artificially stopped. Cheap money. Borrow for a stimulus. But when you hand out money like this it does not work as intended. Why? Because people see what is happening and just pay off some bills. With a tax cut it is ongoing, and the benefits trickle down. A handout? That is a one time thing. People are scared now so are not going to rush out to buy a bunch of made in China stuff at the store.

Japan pumped and pumped and nothing has happened since the 1980s. Stagnation. You would think Yellen would be able to see this and advise Biden. Instead she wants even more money printing.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2021 at 5:07:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Thinking about it and seeing I predict Biden's actions will set the USA on a course of a lost decade similar to what Japan had in the 1990s, and ever since for that matter.

Your predictions are always wrong, so I guess we are in good shape.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2021 at 5:11:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Your predictions are always wrong, so I guess we are in good shape.

Yup
Those that predicted that Trump would win suck at predictions.

How about Lady Gaga
Did Biden become a President at a Lady Gaga concert
Lady Gaga should be the official singer of the National anthem
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 21st, 2021 at 6:03:18 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
facts according to SOOPOO...

1. The Capitol insurrection was done predominantly by pro Trump supporters. Might there have been an ANTIFA guy who snuck in too? Sure.
2. The security for the Biden inauguration dissuaded any potential acts of violence. It was excessive, of course. Apparently there was one ex NBA player who protested, but the 25,000 security guards outnumbered him by 24,999 and he remained peaceful. I, by the way, see nothing wrong in the excessive show of strength.
3. Lady Gaga is a good singer but as my wife would say.... a butterface.... Everything is attractive about her but her face....
4. Duffman is just wrong on the Georgia Senate races. Trump casting doubt on the entire electoral process had to both energize the Dems, and deflate the Repubs. He 100% cost the Repubs those elections.
5. The Democrat policies will hurt the economy, once the free 1.9trillion's effect wears off. And they will 100% blame whatever goes wrong on Trump for the next 4 or 8 years.
January 21st, 2021 at 8:34:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO

4. Duffman is just wrong on the Georgia Senate races. Trump casting doubt on the entire electoral process had to both energize the Dems, and deflate the Repubs. He 100% cost the Repubs those elections.

If that is the case then why did the GOP candidates get nearly the exact same percentages as they did in the general?

Trump had zero to do with their loss. Their loss is all on themselves. Just the same old GOP listening to bad advice from consultants.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2021 at 9:24:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And with the stroke of his pen,
Beijing Biden kills 11,000 American
jobs, 8000 of them union jobs,
and thousands of jobs in Canada.
American prosperity is just around
the corner with moves like this. LOL!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-first-day-orders-will-include-mask-mandate-blocking-keystone-pipeline-11611136804
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2021 at 9:34:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
And with the stroke of his pen,
Beijing Biden kills 11,000 American
jobs, 8000 of them union jobs,
and thousands of jobs in Canada.
American prosperity is just around
the corner with moves like this. LOL!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-first-day-orders-will-include-mask-mandate-blocking-keystone-pipeline-11611136804

Someone is FINALLY making America great again!

It’s such a shame you’re butthurt about it....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2021 at 1:35:46 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I am happy Trump is out of the office. Although I am generally apolitical, I did agree with a lot of Trumps politics but I am happy to not be represented by a social moron any longer.

Pretty much this. I'd have to be able to stomach Trump, the person, before I could even begin to be concerned about his policy positions.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman