ams288
Threads: 29

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 14th, 2021 at 5:49:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
They weren’t willing to get into a firefight, but they set up a noose and were chanting “hang Mike Pence.”

Guess that makes it non-violent.

I mean, the only thing that this conversation is proving is that the Capitol rioters were mostly a bunch of p***ies and other rioters not quite so much.

I think I'm making a joke here, but I haven't quite decided.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 15th, 2021 at 12:03:22 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
First you blamed the authorities for the riots.
Quote: odiousgambit

The very idea that the Capitol was subject to such a thing is truly horrible, although I for one blame the authorities for not being ready for it in the face of good intelligence.

Then you blame Antifa for the riots. Or, at least, the people actually doing the rioting.
I still say it is likely many of the bad actors, the one breaking windows, doors, and skulls were Antifa.

Then you actually say it's not likely Antifa was there because they would've set fires.
[
If it was anything more than a protest that got out of hand, it was sure badly planned. No guns were found on anybody. Nobody set any fires, a fave thing with leftist rioters.

This is what happens when you try to shift blame for something OR try to defend the indefensible. You find yourself in a twisted and effed up pretzel.
March 15th, 2021 at 12:38:31 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Tripdufan
First you blamed the authorities for the riots.
I do blame them for ignoring the intelligence given them and not being reinforced and ready. Why do they get a pass from you?

Quote:
Then you blame Antifa for the riots. Or, at least, the people actually doing the rioting.
Yes, you can see I qualified my statement. And you might note I didn't give the MAGA people a pass

Quote:
Then you actually say it's not likely Antifa was there because they would've set fires.
not exactly what I said but you have a good point

Quote:
This is what happens when you try to shift blame for something OR try to defend the indefensible. You find yourself in a twisted and effed up pretzel.
You might feel that way or you might scold me for using the word 'horrible' in a long sentence I made sure I posted in case somebody would think I was defending the indefensible. You posts your posts and you takes your chances I guess.

As for theories as to what really happened, I 'didn't go there' for the ones that are a little further out there. But I am making my case that "the 'attack' on the Capitol is not what it is portrayed to be" ... and I mean the way the Media believes they need to report it. I'm sorry it doesn't "fit the narrative". That narrative is needed otherwise putting up a fence and keeping it up and keeping the National Guard there for weeks and weeks would look foolish.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 15th, 2021 at 12:46:39 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
You know, I might have it all wrong on the above matter [don't think so], but I lived in the area and went through the 'beltway sniper' days until they finally caught those two. One thing I can tell you, the history you learn about what happened in some event is not going to be the full truth about what happened. Even in something like that, where there was basically just two bad guys, no other bad guys. But even then, some events need to be forgotten or altered. Favorite oxen are out there and they might just get gored.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 15th, 2021 at 12:47:43 PM permalink
Mooseton
Quote: Mission146
I mean, the only thing that this conversation is proving is that the Capitol rioters were mostly a bunch of p***ies and other rioters not quite so much.

I think I'm making a joke here, but I haven't quite decided.

I slightly agree with you. But you’re disregarding that Antifa/BLM rioters are lawless losers, that hardly ever have to face justice, and are generally just unsuccessful people at life. So they’ve got nothing to lose. Can’t say the same for the peaceful protestors that got out of hand.
March 15th, 2021 at 12:51:32 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Why do they get a pass from you?

They don't get a pass from me. They never have. The reason I quoted it was because you were placing blame in a lot of places instead of the one place it truly belonged, at the hands of Donald Trump.

This narrative that ANTIFA were actually the rioters is complete bulls**t. Ironically, it's stuff like this that DIRECTLY led to the January 6th riots. You can't just go around repeating things that aren't true. Eventually it catches up, like it did on that day, in a "horrible" way.
March 15th, 2021 at 12:57:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Mooseton
I slightly agree with you. But you’re disregarding that Antifa/BLM rioters are lawless losers, that hardly ever have to face justice, and are generally just unsuccessful people at life. So they’ve got nothing to lose. Can’t say the same for the peaceful protestors that got out of hand.

Well, we just don't handle these sorts of things the right way. Much like I said about that, "Autonomous Zone," in Seattle, we should have sent them into the Capitol Building at a particular time and just killed everyone who wasn't supposed to be in there. Problem solved, example made.

They're going to go in there and grab envelopes and take pictures and think they're having fun? They should have been shown some fun.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 15th, 2021 at 1:04:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I do blame them for ignoring the intelligence given them and not being reinforced and ready. Why do they get a pass from you?

Because
What happened Jan 6 is so shocking and beyond belief
A sitting President ordering his followers to attack the Capital of the United States of America just because he is the ultimate sore loser
You just cant predict a President ordering treason on a large scale
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2021 at 1:07:47 PM permalink
Mooseton
Quote: Mission146
Well, we just don't handle these sorts of things the right way. Much like I said about that, "Autonomous Zone," in Seattle, we should have sent them into the Capitol Building at a particular time and just killed everyone who wasn't supposed to be in there. Problem solved, example made.

They're going to go in there and grab envelopes and take pictures and think they're having fun? They should have been shown some fun.

Good reply! If only you were in charge.