August 30th, 2021 at 3:40:50 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This is what happens when a motorcycle backfires in Times Square:

August 30th, 2021 at 6:57:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
Displays at a national park? Now that is solid science!

I just find it interesting that its pretty much accepted fact that its on National Park displays
Great displays showing how all the glaciers have shrunk.
I love our National Parks
I love all the displays
I try to stop for all of them
So educational
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2021 at 7:24:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
I just find it interesting that its pretty much accepted fact that its on National Park displays
Great displays showing how all the glaciers have shrunk.
I love our National Parks
I love all the displays
I try to stop for all of them
So educational
yeah, something like that would *never* get affected by politics instead of science ha ha
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 30th, 2021 at 8:00:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
yeah, something like that would *never* get affected by politics instead of science ha ha

Well, the main interest of park services is preserving our parks and whatever attributes they have. So, it isn't really out of line in their normal duties.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 30th, 2021 at 8:57:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Does President Biden understand that he is the President of the United States?

Nobody TELLS the President what to do in his daily functions...they advise; he does what he feels is the correct thing to do.

Having a list they have told him to use (according to his words) or saying that they told him not to answer questions shows a kind of weakness that one rarely sees from a President.

I actually had higher hopes for him in so many ways. I am not saying that I voted for him; I just thought he could do a decent job. I was wrong. Really badly wrong.
August 30th, 2021 at 10:25:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
Does President Biden understand that he is the President of the United States?

Absolutely
What a dumb stupid absurd question
Do you have proof otherwise
I think he is doing fabulous
Check the stock market.
My comfort level is now directly tied to the market
Market doing great
Therefore
Joe doing great
Keep it up
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2021 at 12:19:34 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Absolutely
What a dumb stupid absurd question
Do you have proof otherwise
I think he is doing fabulous
Check the stock market.
My comfort level is now directly tied to the market
Market doing great
Therefore
Joe doing great
Keep it up

It is not a "dumb, stupid, absurd" question...you should be smart enough to understand that I know he knows that he is President of the United States. The point is that he needs to not act like others are telling him what to do--if he wants to answer questions, he should say that he is going to answer questions. If he wants to call on a list of people, he should say that he made a list of folks to call on. Telling the country that someone is telling him not to do this or that is a sign of weakness...it does not show the strength and power a President should show.

The market, as many people have pointed out here (usually when their party is not in office...go figure), is not something the President controls. Presidents take/get credit for it, but it is really a combination of a lot of factors. Kind of like gas prices will rise now for a while...the Gulf is shutdown for production.
August 30th, 2021 at 1:26:51 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
It is not a "dumb, stupid, absurd" question...you should be smart enough to understand that I know he knows that he is President of the United States. The point is that he needs to not act like others are telling him what to do--if he wants to answer questions, he should say that he is going to answer questions. If he wants to call on a list of people, he should say that he made a list of folks to call on. Telling the country that someone is telling him not to do this or that is a sign of weakness...it does not show the strength and power a President should show.

The market, as many people have pointed out here (usually when their party is not in office...go figure), is not something the President controls. Presidents take/get credit for it, but it is really a combination of a lot of factors. Kind of like gas prices will rise now for a while...the Gulf is shutdown for production.

Yawn
Real weakness is a President siding with Putin over our intelligence agency
Remember that one
August 30th, 2021 at 1:27:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m honestly not even sure what RonC is complaining about. That he uses a list of reporters to call on when he answers questions? If that upsets you, find a hobby.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 30th, 2021 at 2:07:22 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
I’m honestly not even sure what RonC is complaining about. That he uses a list of reporters to call on when he answers questions? If that upsets you, find a hobby.

I'll go on doing what I want. I wouldn't tell you what to do...as you can see, though, I do spend less time here than before because it is not of much value.